Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The St. Louis Police Department is selling off a $1.2 million stash of firearms, including 27 Thompson submachine guns, to help fund the purchase of new Beretta pistols and AR-15 rifles for officers, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

A Class III dealer is paying $22K each for the Thompsons. The department's collection also includes some rare Colts.

An article in the St. Louis Times-Dispatch says the police department originally paid $125 for each Thompson.

Here are a couple of photos of some of the Thompsons that'll be sold. They've been stored in the basement for sixty years! Who knows what sort of history those guns have!

As I read the original article something occurred to me: Those weapons are probably second only to Chicago and FBI Thompson's for potential rich provenance. The broker is quoted as saying he found the original purchase paperwork on the Thomsons ($175 each in the 1920s BTW). They are also buying 1,748 Beretta handguns for about $221 apiece.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep, it's only taxpayer money.

Would be nice to see them in the people's hands again, though.

·
Registered
14,960 Posts
A Class III dealer is paying $22K each for the Thompsons. The department's collection also includes some rare Colts.

An article in the St. Louis Times-Dispatch says the police department originally paid $125 for each Thompson.
Such happens when you artificially depress the supply of an item. I wonder what the street prices will be when these finally get released to the public?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts