Spyderco Sharpener

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Firearmz, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

A friend of mine turned me on to this at the blade show. There is a little bit more to it than I have posted here but it is the basics and you will have one skeery sharp tool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nifty looking tool there.

Am I missing something? What's the point of the safety rods? I don't see their function...

3. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

The opposite side of the base is used by the off hand, the rods protect your hand if the blade slips off. I should have posted a picture of it's intended purpose.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh. I didn't think of that since there wasn't a hand in the pictures :lol: . I assumed it was heavy enough to simply sit there on a surface or something like that.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I borrowed one of those a from a coworker a while back. It does everything it promises. My pocket knives were in good shape and it took them back to a factory type edge.

My Ka-Bar was pretty beat up, but now it is damn near razor sharp too! 8)

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nice. It's about time to resharpen my knives...

7. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Two thumbs up for Crock Sticks. I've got a similar item (made by Lansky) in my kitchen. I wanted to get a leather strop to finish things off, but my wife doesn't want it hanging in the kitchen :D

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Neat.

I plan on just mailing my knife to Benchmade and they will make it sharp again for $5.

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Bass Pro will do a halfway crappy job for $1, and you even get to hear the guy at the hunting counter complain about "bad steel" in your knife.

:lol:

10. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Some of my knives take a serious beating.
    I'd be sending it back every three weeks.