Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from BullsEye and damned if they didn't show me the XD40 when I came off the range. I'm a fairly new Glock 27 owner and absolutely love that gun and shoot it as often as I can. It's a great carry weapon and I have nothing but the best to say about it.

But, man is that XD nice!! Ole Norm almost had me walking out the door with one.....but he'll have to wait!!! And so will I! :cry:
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,832 Posts
larryg2 said:
Just got back from BullsEye and damned if they didn't show me the XD40 when I came off the range. I'm a fairly new Glock 27 owner and absolutely love that gun and shoot it as often as I can. It's a great carry weapon and I have nothing but the best to say about it.

But, man is that XD nice!! Ole Norm almost had me walking out the door with one.....but he'll have to wait!!! And so will I! :cry:
Norm knows better than to try and get me into an XD. I have a Glock 17, my wife has an XD-9 Tactical (5" Barrel). I love my Glock, she loves her XD, there's no convincing either of us any different. Of course, that Springfield 1911 in the case suuuuuuurrrreeee would fit nicely in my safe.

Do you go to Bullseye often? I go about once a week. Ramm, Macktee, myself, and anyone else we get to go, meet there about once a month on a Sunday afternoon. You should meet us sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep....been going about once a week as well. I typically sneak out during the weekdays around 2:00-2:30 or so. Although I normally have the place to myself, I'd rather meet you guys there sometime. Please let me know next time you're all heading up there on a Sun afternoon and I'll be sure to go.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
XDs have great safety features, decent factory trigger, are easy to clean, and good reliability. I have the XD40 sub-compact and I love it. I've put about 1200 rounds through it so far and not a single failure. Mine came with the plastic case, extended mag, holster (crappy... toss that right out), and a mag loader.

Extended mag is nice for carrying as a spare. I carry with the smaller mag for concealment figuring that if I have to pull out the other mag for a reload then I'll need the extra rounds anyway. I practice shooting with both (grip extension on the short mag).

I look forward to shooting with ya'll when I get back to the area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AV8R,

What do you fly and from where? I've got a 182 & fly from PDK.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
All of my flight training was at Aviation Atlanta at PDK. I instructed there between June 2005 and April 2006. I now work for a cargo company flying the Shorts SD3-60. Our motto is, "We take it in the Shorts every night." :?

Our company has two sides... Scheduled service for UPS serving smaller cities and towns (hauling UPS boxes to/from Louisville KY to various places every night). The other side, the side I'm on, flies on-demand cargo charter. I sit with an airplane and wait for a trip. I fly to somewhere and pick up the cargo, fly it to it's destination, and wait for another trip. We bounce around all over the US, Canada, and Mexico.

The SD3-60 is a two-man crew airplane. It trues out at about 220 kts at 20,000 feet. It's big, ugly, and built like a brick shithouse... My kind of plane.

Some PDK friends of mine and I used to be Friday night regulars at The Downwind. I really miss that airport!

Check your PMs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
larryg2 said:
AV8R,

What do you fly and from where? I've got a 182 & fly from PDK.
Wow, that must be nice. I worked at an FBO in college and flew quite a bit back then, I loved it and may go back and get my license eventually...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Howdy,

I own both the XD40 sub, and the XD45ACP 4"service model. I used own the XD40 4" service model but I sold it to get the 45acp. Great guns never a single falure with any of them. :D

You can't beat the grip size and feel. Amazingly the XD45acp is hardly even noticably larger than the 40. It also holds 13 + 1, rounds of 45!

If you haven't purchased the XD40 yet and your were looking to get any model of it other than sub compact, then I want to humbly suggest you try the XD45. I have shot both side by side and gotta tell you I think the 45 feels easier to shoot. All 40s have a sharp snappy recoil, but the 45 feels a bit more muted and smoother.

Either way you can't loose. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
larryg2 said:
Just got back from BullsEye and damned if they didn't show me the XD40 when I came off the range. I'm a fairly new Glock 27 owner and absolutely love that gun and shoot it as often as I can. It's a great carry weapon and I have nothing but the best to say about it.

But, man is that XD nice!! Ole Norm almost had me walking out the door with one.....but he'll have to wait!!! And so will I! :cry:
I also carry a G27. I would have got a XD40 sc but there wasn't one to be found at the gunshow I was attending. The G27 was my first choice, but I would have gladly bought a XD if one was able.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
The XDs are nice pistols, but if you are already into Glock wouldn't it make more sense to stay with the Glocks for mag compatibility? The XDs are tempting though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
legacy38 said:
The XDs are nice pistols, but if you are already into Glock wouldn't it make more sense to stay with the Glocks for mag compatibility? The XDs are tempting though.
It really might depend on how well you shoot either of them. Due to the grip angles being different between Glocks and XD's, some prefer and shoot better with one or the other. I personally am still trying to get more accurate with my XD, however a while back when I shot Glocks I was very accurate with them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Dan H said:
legacy38 said:
The XDs are nice pistols, but if you are already into Glock wouldn't it make more sense to stay with the Glocks for mag compatibility? The XDs are tempting though.
It really might depend on how well you shoot either of them. Due to the grip angles being different between Glocks and XD's, some prefer and shoot better with one or the other. I personally am still trying to get more accurate with my XD, however a while back when I shot Glocks I was very accurate with them...
Agreed, but I took it from his comments that he was very happy with his G27. The XDs are very nice pistols, and nothing says you can't own more than one brand. :)

I made a decision about a year ago that so far I am painfully sticking to. I decided not to add any new systems and to concentrate of standardizing. It's hard to keep from buying other stuff as I really would like a CZ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
legacy38 said:
Dan H said:
legacy38 said:
The XDs are nice pistols, but if you are already into Glock wouldn't it make more sense to stay with the Glocks for mag compatibility? The XDs are tempting though.
It really might depend on how well you shoot either of them. Due to the grip angles being different between Glocks and XD's, some prefer and shoot better with one or the other. I personally am still trying to get more accurate with my XD, however a while back when I shot Glocks I was very accurate with them...
Agreed, but I took it from his comments that he was very happy with his G27. The XDs are very nice pistols, and nothing says you can't own more than one brand. :)

I made a decision about a year ago that so far I am painfully sticking to. I decided not to add any new systems and to concentrate of standardizing. It's hard to keep from buying other stuff as I really would like a CZ.
Yeah I understand and thats essentially where Im at. Both are great guns but I want the one that I shoot better with which is why I will be trying out some Glocks again this weekend, so we will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,075 Posts
Dan H said:
legacy38 said:
[quote="Dan H":1zrukz89]
legacy38 said:
The XDs are nice pistols, but if you are already into Glock wouldn't it make more sense to stay with the Glocks for mag compatibility? The XDs are tempting though.
It really might depend on how well you shoot either of them. Due to the grip angles being different between Glocks and XD's, some prefer and shoot better with one or the other. I personally am still trying to get more accurate with my XD, however a while back when I shot Glocks I was very accurate with them...
Agreed, but I took it from his comments that he was very happy with his G27. The XDs are very nice pistols, and nothing says you can't own more than one brand. :)

I made a decision about a year ago that so far I am painfully sticking to. I decided not to add any new systems and to concentrate of standardizing. It's hard to keep from buying other stuff as I really would like a CZ.
Yeah I understand and thats essentially where Im at. Both are great guns but I want the one that I shoot better with which is why I will be trying out some Glocks again this weekend, so we will see.[/quote:1zrukz89]

You definitely need to try both before making a choice. In the subcompact, the XD is actually more comfortable to me. I shot the G19 and the XD9 Service head to head and actually shot the XD a little better, but I "liked" the 19 more. In short order, the 19 became a good performer for me. Once I became a Glock armorer, any question of dropping Glock for the XD disappeared.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,832 Posts
Dan,
Are you coming to Bullseye tomorrow? I'll have my Glock 17 and my wifes XD-9 tactical (5 inch) with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Adam5 said:
Dan,
Are you coming to Bullseye tomorrow? I'll have my Glock 17 and my wifes XD-9 tactical (5 inch) with me.
Yes, I will be bringing my XD9 Service, you are more than welcome to shoot it, its got some nice mods.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top