Springfield XD .45 Tactical

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RepeatDefender, Oct 18, 2007.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I have been offered one in trade. I am trying to make an informed decision. I know they are good guns, but I want to hear some personal experiences and/or opinions. I would ask you to keep in mind that I already own a S&W M&P45.

Thanks!

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I have only shot one XD. I didn't really care for it. Others love them though.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I haven't shor the XD.45 yet, but my wife had an XD-9. She loved it and was a great shooter. It was on par with a Glock. My M&P-9 was nicer (IMO) and fit me better,

4. fallison

fallison Guest

I carry an XD .45 compact. I have been extremely happy with it. Shoots great and I have yet to find any ammo that will choke it (I buy whatever is cheapest for practice ammo so I have shot several brands)
    :D

5. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

Part plastic + part 1911 = Croatian knockoff of a superior design.

I put 200 rounds though an XD45 and hated it. Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of GLOCK pistols, but I've been impressed by other polymer guns as well(Walther, Smith's M&P, H&K, etc.). XD's feel like you're shooting a water pistol with a grip safety.

I guess it depends on what you're trading. I guess I'd trade a High Point, S&W Sigma or another XD for one.

Please don't tell me you're trading that SIG 239 you had for sale for an XD.

6. dwalker

dwalker New Member

I had a XD-9 that jammed like crazy. Sold it about a month after purchase and lost around 50 bucks. Won't ever buy another one, I'll just stick to my Glocks!

7. RepeatDefender

In all honesty, I was thinking about it. But now after my "cooling off" period of thinking about the trade, I'm not going to do it. Besides, the .357sig round isn't that much pricier than .45acp

Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight. :D

...must...quit...trading...

8. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

Good man.

9. fallison

fallison Guest

I love my XD but there is no way I would trade a Sig for one.

10. Axeman

Axeman New Member

It sounds like you have your mind made up but..

I love my XD45! It shoots smooth and feels really nice in the hand. I have never had any failures with it. It is realiable and is very accurate. :2cents:

11. fallison

fallison Guest

I agree with you 100%, but I still wouldn't trade a Sig for one. :)

12. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Kinda like though I like the XD45 better than my FN FiveseveN, there is no way I would trade my FN for one, it does not make fiscal sense.

What makes more sense it to save a little bit and just buy an XD so that you can have your cake and eat it too. :wink:

13. RepeatDefender

My wife and children get my money. I have to trade for guns... :cry:

It was just something I was thinking about. But with the M&P in the stable, I really have no need for an XD. :D