Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered one in trade. I am trying to make an informed decision. I know they are good guns, but I want to hear some personal experiences and/or opinions. I would ask you to keep in mind that I already own a S&W M&P45.

Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I carry an XD .45 compact. I have been extremely happy with it. Shoots great and I have yet to find any ammo that will choke it (I buy whatever is cheapest for practice ammo so I have shot several brands)
:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Part plastic + part 1911 = Croatian knockoff of a superior design.

I put 200 rounds though an XD45 and hated it. Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of GLOCK pistols, but I've been impressed by other polymer guns as well(Walther, Smith's M&P, H&K, etc.). XD's feel like you're shooting a water pistol with a grip safety.

I guess it depends on what you're trading. I guess I'd trade a High Point, S&W Sigma or another XD for one.

Please don't tell me you're trading that SIG 239 you had for sale for an XD.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blackadder said:
In all honesty, I was thinking about it. But now after my "cooling off" period of thinking about the trade, I'm not going to do it. Besides, the .357sig round isn't that much pricier than .45acp

Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight. :D

...must...quit...trading...

·
Registered
110 Posts
RepeatDefender said:
Blackadder said:
In all honesty, I was thinking about it. But now after my "cooling off" period of thinking about the trade, I'm not going to do it. Besides, the .357sig round isn't that much pricier than .45acp

Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight. :D

...must...quit...trading...
Good man.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It sounds like you have your mind made up but..

I love my XD45! It shoots smooth and feels really nice in the hand. I have never had any failures with it. It is realiable and is very accurate. :2cents:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Axeman said:

I love my XD45! It shoots smooth and feels really nice in the hand. I have never had any failures with it. It is realiable and is very accurate. :2cents:
I agree with you 100%, but I still wouldn't trade a Sig for one. :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
fallison said:
Axeman said:

I agree with you 100%, but I still wouldn't trade a Sig for one. :)
Kinda like though I like the XD45 better than my FN FiveseveN, there is no way I would trade my FN for one, it does not make fiscal sense.

What makes more sense it to save a little bit and just buy an XD so that you can have your cake and eat it too. :wink:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife and children get my money. I have to trade for guns... :cry:

It was just something I was thinking about. But with the M&P in the stable, I really have no need for an XD. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts