Springfield EMP

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by warnockdavid, Oct 26, 2010.

1. warnockdavid

warnockdavid New Member

I have small hands and never felt proficient with my 1911s.

Sold my Springfield Ultra compact and Kimber Concealed carry 1911s and bought a Springfield EMP in 9MM. Mine has been flawless and fits me perfectly. All the advantages of the 1911 in a smaller package. Came with three 9 round magazines.

2. jklotz

jklotz New Member

I've really enjoyed mine as well. Hard to believe the accuracy of the thing considering how short the barrel is. And that trigger, oh man, what a trigger! Not a single malfunction after 3K +/- rounds, been a great gun. That being said, mines headed back to Springfield today because the plunger tube is loose and the grip screws won't tighten all the way. Course' when I called, the first woman I got on the phone was great. I thought that I'd be passed on to a guy who could understand the problems, but no! She explained to me in great detail the internal workings and what needed to be done. Within 5 minutes I had a FedEx shipping label emailed to me (overnight none the less) and a RMA #. Can't ask for better customer service than that.

All in all, I'd recommend the gun. It's nice to have a CC weapon that is also a joy to shoot.

3. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

My wife bought one of these a little over a year ago and while she hasn't had a chance to shoot it much yet, her and I were both very pleased with it.

The only issue there was with it, was that it tended to hang up on certain GA Arms FMJs and various types of HPs, ( like the 124gr GDs she generally uses. So, after having a gun smith friend polish up the ramp, there hasn't been a single feeding issue with any ammo we've ran through it since. :righton:

A great little pistol! 8)