Springfield Armory Hellcat

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by DKW, Oct 2, 2019.

1. DKW

DKW Active Member

Archangel likes this.
  2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Looks like - I would look closer if I hadn't just recently purchased a H&K VP9SK. I've already got a couple Walther PPS compact single stackers too, which looks to be pretty much a direct competitor to the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat.

3. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I'd have more luck throwing it at the bad guy than trying to get my gorilla hands around that thing

4. RedDawnTheMusical

Yeah I struggle with something the size of a "micro compact". It would definitely be better than nothing though. For deep concealment, the 11+1 capacity is pretty impressive.

5. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

I will not buy anything Springfield after the Rock River and Springfield lobby scandal.

6. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Active Member

WOW! Cool name. that is all. To small for my hands as well. Had an XDS .45. Got slide bite from it, made it go away.

Question: does the car come with it? No, oh well.

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

If you have a proper grip there is no way to get slide bite from any pistol. It was not the fault of the firearm.

8. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Active Member

I agree. Proper grip is important. I have rather large meat hooks. The area between thumb and fore finger creates a large rise when I grip a weapon. The XDS is the ONLY pistol that ever gave me concern, and the ONLY weapon that I had a problem with. I have had other XD models and never experienced this problem.
    Its a shame though, really cool pistol, accurate as I wanna be with it, and .45 caliber to boot.
    Besides my version of slide bite was a brushing across the top of the skin and not full blown blood letting. That began my rise of caution when pulling from deep cover.

Being confident in your abilities is paramount, being confident in the use of the tools you use is just as important.

A moment of caution may put you at risk. Taking a moment to ensure that your grip is correct after something like that may be the moment you fail in protecting those you love by getting killed. This was not a weapon I used in training very much. So off it went.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The "scandal" died as quickly as it started. Both firms publicly admitted their error in choosing to join a lobbying org with an unqualified lobbyist who was pretty much anti-gun. Both firms quickly left that lobbying org and apologized to their customers and the gun world at large. There is nothing from either company that indicates anything but full support for the 2nd Amendment and gun rights. I have no qualms buying anything from either of them and have owned and do own their products.

This was nowhere near the real scandal that S&W got embroiled with during Clinton's administration. Complain about S&W why don't you. I'm not a S&W guy but I'm pretty sure they're still selling guns with those internal locks that everybody loves. They could just do away with them but they don't.

10. RedDawnTheMusical

Yeah I have no problem with Springfield as a company or their products.

11. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

You coulda built up the grip with some duct tape.