Springfield 1911 .45 ACP Hi Capacity --**Traded**--

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Boy Racer, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

This is the gun I bought from board member JMark about a month or so ago. You can still read the ad and see his pictures at https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... php?t=5905

I was torn between getting a single stack for carry or the High Capacity for targets, and I believe I should have gotten the skinnier of the two.

So I'd like to trade this one for an SA GI or (preferably) a Mil Spec, or Colt 1911 or clone 1911.

For sale/trade: the 1911A1 - It has 5 magazines, four (4) Springfield 10-round and one (1) Para 13-round. Both FLGR (in a bag) and the short, plunger-style one (in the gun). Original blue carry case/box, owner’s manual, <strike>two-mag Bianchi belt pouch</strike>, original cleaner brush, ILS key, and take down tool.

The biggest problem is it's been scratched on the shooter's left side nearest the thumb safety when the previous owner transported it in the case, but the ILS key got loose and rubbed against the finish. It does not affect the operation at all, it’s just a scar. I’ve stripped it and cleaned the living bejesus out of it twice now. I fired 100 rounds of UMC ball through it the week after I bought it, it shot great.

<strike>I’d like to get the same $450 out of it that I got in it.</strike>. $425 Or will trade for a Mil Spec + cash or a GI straight up. I will also consider all non-Springfield 1911s, for straight trades or trade + cash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll work with you on shipping or FFL issues, but FTF is preferable. I'll be at the Autumn luncheon.
    Code:

2. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

If someone brings me cash this week, I'll throw in 150 rounds of 230 gr. UMC ball target ammo (what's left in the 250-round big yellow box) and 50 rounds of WWB 230 gr. JHP carry ammo.

I ran up against some stuff this week, I could use some cash on the quick. You know how it is...

3. Jason F

Jason F Member

Boy Racer-

Where are you located?

I have a Rock Island .45 standard that I'd consider trading for your Springfield + $100 cash.

Interested?

-Jason

4. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Honestly? Not really. At this exact minute, for the next few days anyway, I'm really hoping for cash. [-o< After that, I'd like to stay with the idea of cash, or trades & cash, for Springfields, Colts, Paras, etc.

I may buy an RIA outright one of these days, though. :righton:

5. tony218

tony218 New Member

will this gun at the lunch on the 17th?
    i have a friend that may be interested.

6. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Re: WTT/WTS: Springfield 1911 .45 ACP Hi Capacity

Yes, I'll be there with the 1911.

I can forward more pics if that helps.

I managed to solve my recent "money thing" on my own, but the gun is still for sale or trade.

See you there!

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

oops, didn't see the last line of your post.
    he's coming to shoot after the lunch, so he can see it then.

8. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I missed you/him at the lunch/shoot. We were on the short range, shooter's right side (not the turkey shoot side).

I put about 80-100 rounds down range through this gun, and shot it better than I shoot my 9mm. That's a first. I still didn't out-shoot my wife who used my 686-4, though.

:oops:

Anyway, shameless 'lookin'-for-a-holidaytime-trade/sale-or-funds' bump.

9. tony218

tony218 New Member

he couldn't make it and i only stayed long enough
    to get eliminated in the first round of the turkey shoot.

10. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

<strike>I now have a Blackhawk retention holster for it. If I get another 1911 in trade, I'll keep the holster. If it's a trade for something else, the holster goes with it.</strike>

I'll certainly consider new condition XDs (9mm, .40 & .45) or other competent carry autos in trade as well.

11. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

My laptop died: tagged on the toe - dead. And I can't keep using my wife's work MacBook Pro, because I hate Macs. So I'm buying a new PC-style laptop, but need to free up funds to do so.

So I'm back again: $425 this time but I'm keeping the belt pouch and Serpa OWB holster. I can use the pouch with my BE, the Serpa with my next 1911 sometime in the future.

Seriously - you know you can't do better than that for what you're getting here. A Springfield 1911, five magazines, and spares.

Tell your friends.

12. cripple

cripple New Member

13. peterr

peterr Guest

is the gun still for sale

i am interested in your gun give me a call 678 908 9873 peter

14. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Re: is the gun still for sale

Peter R., does the "R" stand for Rabbit? That would be really neat if your last name was Rabbit.

:wink:

15. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Trying to take the focus off your nickname Sprinkles?

16. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Dang it, Gunny. you got me all excited thinking that he had replied and that his name was, in fact, Peter Rabbit.

My nickname sucks.

-Sprinkles :cry:

17. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I'm waiting for something to come together this week with another poster on here. If s/he lets me know that s/he's no longer interested, I'll certainly call you. We should know by this weekend.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl: :(

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Wish it was stainless...

20. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Traded away, thanks for looking.