Spotted someon open carrying

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mzmtg, Aug 25, 2006.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I was on I75 north out of downtown ATL yesterday, my way home from work. A motorcycle passed me in the HOV lane and I saw the rider had some kind of silver autoloader on his belt. 8)

Cool.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:shock:

Oh, no!

Did you call the police?

3. tony218

tony218 New Member

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!
    A BIKER WITH A GUN

4. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

I was at Pubix the other day and noticed a young father (like me) shopping with his wife/daughter (like me) and constantly on alert looking around for anything amiss (like me).

As he walked past me, making eye contact briefly and assessing me, I noticed that his pistol was printing on his black T-shirt.

That was one of the rare occasions that I have noticed another concealed pistol out in public.

5. Malum Prohibitum

:shock:

Oh, no!

Did you call the police?

6. wwomack

wwomack New Member

<sarcasm>I definately would have. There's no way it can be legal for these people to go around armed with deadly weapons. What do they think this is, the wild west? There will be blood in the streets!</sarcasm>

7. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

Um...

I just thought it was cool. A lot of times, I feel like such the freak/odd-man-out...sometimes it seems like I'm the only person in the world who carries.

I thought it was cool to see a kindred spirit out there at the supermarket, poised to defend his life & family.

Rock on.

8. Malum Prohibitum

I doubt you will feel that way on the afternoon of September the 3rd.

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Boy I sure feel sorry for you city slickers up there in Hotlanta. I open carry on a regular basis here in Southwest Georgia and have never even had someone give me a second look, unless you count the guy coing out of the local outdoors store that said "Man, you must be planning to get a bunch of stuff if you gotta come armed to make it home with it all". But his statement may have been prompted by the fact that we had met at the local Friends of the NRA dinner a few weeks before and talked about GFL's and the BS restrictions....

10. jmorin

jmorin New Member

I live in the heart of Atlanta and I can't imagine the reaction if I open carried, especially into a public store. I also live in a far left, hippie-dwelling neighborhood and I'm sure if I open carried when I walked the dog the Atlanta police would immediately get a "man with a gun" call.

On occasion I'll walk to the house with my gun on my hip (even though I use a IWB holster) when I park the SUV on the street. Sometimes it'll be on my hip when I'm in the yard working.

The other issue is schools. I live within walking distance of 2 public schools and a charter school, and I'm sure the APD wouldn't hesitate to throw me into the back of a cruiser if I open carried near 1 of the schools.

11. john

john New Member

Black tee shirt auto print through the shirt, If you were in Union City or Fayetteville SORRY IT WAS ME !

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

We will let you go this time, just try not to print in the future. :righton:

13. atlctyslkr

atlctyslkr New Member

I know a guy that does that that lives in Cobb. I'm going to ask him and see if it was him!

14. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Hhmmmm...
    If the bad guys already have guns, why is it such an issue for the good guys to have one?