Spotted Armed Citizen

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by gunsmoker, Dec 17, 2010.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

So I'm at the gas station and I see a guy gassing up next to me.
    He's wearing a t-shirt and when he leans over, he exposes the bottom two inches of a holster and part of a black semi-auto pistol.

He looks like he might be an off-duty cop, since he's the right age and clean cut, in decent shape.

But there's not a single LEO-related sticker anywhere on his vehicle, and it's got out-of-state plates. On the other hand, there's no gun-rights or hunting or other "conservative" stickers either.

So I go up to him and introduce myself, ask if he's a cop or a civilian with a gun permit.

He's a civilian with a carry permit. A Georgia resident riding with a friend in the friend's out-of-state registered car.

I mentioned GCO, and he said he might have heard about them at a gun show one time. I give him a GCO card and tell him I've been a member for years, and briefly summarize some of the main points of what they've done for changing the laws in this state to be more carry-friendly.

I hope he signs up. And I think this was a good encounter.

2. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

I never get to have those kind of encounters. Good for you. :righton:

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I was thinking... :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

spotted arm, indeed !!

Either you did a good job finding that picture :righton:

or you staged the photo and took it yourself just for your post above :screwy:

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

LOL, my hands aren't feminine. :wink:

6. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

I keep the back of my car bare too. I figure the slight amusement I'd get from imagining people reading my opinions isn't worth the potential for angering the police officer who just pulled me over. :shattered: