Georgiapacking.org banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Malum Prohibitum said:
Corbomite said:
FYI, I asked a contact at the CC probate and was told the officer is Caucasian and the "suspected" lifter is AA.
Did they tell you this within 60 days?
Lol, YES! But they did ask for my employer and SS number :x

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
That's one of my pet-peeves. If it's a black guy from America, I want people to just say he is a black guy. If he was born in Africa and moved here...he's African-American. Sorry for the tiny rant, it just sets me off.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Rammstein said:
That's one of my pet-peeves. If it's a black guy from America, I want people to just say he is a black guy. If he was born in Africa and moved here...he's African-American. Sorry for the tiny rant, it just sets me off.
Either that, or I get to mark Irish-American on everything I fill out (including 4473s)

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Rammstein said:
Totally agree with this. Seems there is no PC way to describe a non-white these days.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
+1

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Thats it! From now on I want to be known as a scottish-irish-german-seminole tribe native american-american!

The one, and probably only thing, I ever agreed with Whoopi Goldberg about was that any hyphenated american seems to imply that person is somehow less american. She said that she wasn't an african-american, she was a black woman who was also an american.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
if I owned a retail store and you came in and were leaving with my property and I wasn't sure you paid for it or saw you coming from an area away from the registers or with an unwrapped or bagged piece of merchandise, I'd ask for your receipt.
I think this is where I see a difference. It's one thing to have someone question those who appear to be lifting goods. Like you said, you would ask them for their receipt if you suspected they hadn't paid.

That's different than having everyone with 10 bags and a receipt having to stop and show you their receipt so you can mark it with a highlighter.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
gsusnake said:
Rammstein said:
Either that, or I get to mark Irish-American on everything I fill out (including 4473s)
Snake - it's not Irish-American. I like to refer to myself as a "Northwestern-European-American"!!!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
That's different than having everyone with 10 bags and a receipt having to stop and show you their receipt so you can mark it with a highlighter.
I agree. The only time that's happened to me is at Costco. I think that's overkill on their part, but it really doesn't bother me. Walmart does not do that and indeed, most every patron walks out without ever being approached by the door greeter.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
You shop at Costco even though they have their crappy anti-gun policy? :wink:

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I'm in Costco once per week with the wife and I ALWAYS carry. Didn't even know they had an anti gun policy and never noticed a sign anywhere.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Letter from Costco:

As an initial matter, Costco is not a place of "public accommodation" within the meaning of civil rights laws. The definition of "public accommodation" does not include a bona fide private club or other establishment that is not in fact open to the public. Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right, and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.The shopping experience is not enhanced by bringing a firearm into our warehouse.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Well, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll continue to carry there however and if and when they ask me to leave, I will and never come back.

PS: As anti as that Costco statement is, it never comes out and says they don't allow, permit or tolerate guns. It simply says they think it's "unnecessary" and that the "shopping experience is not enhanced" by bringing a firearm.

·
16,485 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
Well, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll continue to carry there however and if and when they ask me to leave, I will and never come back.

PS: As anti as that Costco statement is, it never comes out and says they don't allow, permit or tolerate guns. It simply says they think it's "unnecessary" and that the "shopping experience is not enhanced" by bringing a firearm.
There's a ghostbusters sign between the two doors on every Costco I've been to. I just conceal, sometimes not very well. They have great prices and treat their employees well. If I ever have to pull my gun in a Costco, I'm sure they'll be upset, but I doubt they'll pull my membership. If they do, Sam's isn't that much further away.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Rammstein said:
+1

I have some true African American friends, some are black (Kenya) and some are white (South Africa).

One of my white AA friends jokes around sometimes and says "insert statement here, because I am African American". He is white as can be and his wife and daughters are all blond hair/blue eyed. But they do speak Africaan.(sp?)
:wink:

If I were going to hyphenate it would be a mess:
English-Scotts Irish-German-Black Dutch-Cherokee-Choctaw-Korean-American.

Or Heinz 57 for short. :p

81 - 100 of 117 Posts