Sparta man accused of luring passer-by on porch, pulling him into a house and robbing

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by apx_31088, Aug 29, 2016.

1. apx_31088

apx_31088 Member

note: Sounds like another instance of "Aggravated Pan-Handling" to me! What'll it take to keep the gunman in jail and off the streets until trial for this second offense? More reasonable gun laws or better enforcement of laws already on the books?

[FONT=&quot]Sparta man accused of luring passer-by on porch, pulling him into a house and robbing him at gunpoint [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]By Laura Corley[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A Sparta man arrested Monday in Bibb County is accused of luring a 21-year-old passer-by to the porch of a Macon home in June before pulling him inside and robbing him at gunpoint, according to an incident report from the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Timothy Jermaine Evans, 34, is charged with kidnapping, armed robbery and aggravated assault in connection with the June 25 incident in east Macon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A 21-year-old man told police that three men had called him up to the porch of 2067 Merriwood Drive, not far from Walnut Creek off Shurling Drive, sheriff’s Lt. Randy Gonzalez said. The men asked the 21-year-old for $100, he said.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] The passer-by gave the men some change then “the males jumped on him, pulling him into the residence,†Gonzalez said. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]One of the men pulled out a gun and threatened the 21-year-old, taking $1,100 in cash from him, Gonzalez said.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A woman nearby told police Evans stayed at the house but had left. Evans was arrested just before noon Monday and remained in jail without bond Tuesday, records show.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Evans, of a Pumping Station Road address in Sparta, also has an outstanding warrant from Hancock County for aggravated assault.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article97355462.html#storylink=cpy[/FONT]

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Not trying to blame the victim here, but who carries $1100 in cash while walking thru Macon? Yes, I know it's his right to carry as much money as he wants to, but... be smart!

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Better question is who carries that much without a sidearm and a sidekick?

Nemo

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Somebody pulls me into a house, I'm fighting til the death, bar none, I'm thinking Buffalo Bill

5. bulldog 44

bulldog 44 Member

Why would you walk up onto a porch just because someone called you if you don't know the person. I can communicate from a distance. Something is not being told here.