Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Reddit Southwest Airlines discussion subreddit.

The subreddit warns that if you post anything referring to Covid vaxx, sickout, walkout or other than the FAA or Southwest party line, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.

free speech ? - only for the 'right-think/say'

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Active and highly moderated subreddits remain useful for reasons largely surrounding the S:N ratio. Unlike a civil rights forum that has hemorrhaged participants over off topic diatribes.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I suppose they are useful for those who are allowed to remain towing the party line, you agree?

I prefer the GPDO model where folks don't get kicked off for having a differing view. Diatribes are easy to ignore.

Active and highly moderated subreddits remain useful for reasons largely surrounding the S:N ratio. Unlike a civil rights forum that has hemorrhaged participants over off topic diatribes.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some say the current problems with SW Airlines cancellations is that they are running far too many flights for their staffing levels and the mandatory vax situation won't show itself for a while yet as more eligible pilots retire or quit before the vax drop dead date. Current staff (not pilots) are working extra shifts and wearing out.
Pilot scheduling has other issues leaving them away from their home base for an extra day or two after doing a usual 3 day excursion. One domino knocks several others over when there is a flight cancellation that results in other cancellations.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
I suppose they are useful for those who are allowed to remain towing the party line, you agree?
I mean loaded question logical fallacy aside, what value does this statement add here?
I prefer the GPDO model where folks don't get kicked off for having a differing view. Diatribes are easy to ignore.
Subreddits are highly specific. Off topic comments regularly get pruned here in the current bills threads…and the moderators get thanked for that. As such, whining here that you are being censored for having anti-mask or anti-vax posts cut out of bill status updates would be stupid. This is the same for whining about a single subreddit that serves a particular function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts