South Metro GCO Chapter May Meeting

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Strick54, May 16, 2016.

1. Strick54

Strick54 Member

The May meeting of the South Metro GeorgiaCarry.Org chapter will be Thursday, May, 26th from 7:00-8:30. Once again, we will be meeting at the Fayette Event Center, located at 174 North Glynn St, in Fayetteville. It is behind Arby’s and Captain Ds, off of Georgia Highway 85, north of the court house.
    6:00 - 7:00 – We are having a Papa John’s pizza dinner, salad, drinks, dessert: $8.00 per person, please RSVP for the dinner by end of day Thursday May 25th, so we have enough time to prepare & ensure everyone will have enough to eat & drink. RSVP by email to [email protected] or [email protected], or FB message to either of us.
    The regular meeting will start @ 7:00, no RSVP required for meeting only attendees, see you there!
    7:00 – 7:45 – Rusty Morris from AR Bunker will be speaking about his business, his new place that has just broke ground in Peachtree City.
    7:50 – till – Open discussion.
    8:30 – Meeting to discuss details/organize the September chapter meeting.
    Looking ahead, mark your calendars for next month’s meeting date: Saturday, June,18th. The SMGCO chapter is headed to the country for our June BBQ/ outdoor swap meet & chapter meeting, at home of GCO member Dorothy Stone just outside of Greenville, GA. Details will be announced later.
    Thank you again and we look forward to seeing everyone at this month’s meeting!
    Chris Martin
    Mike Strickland

2. Strick54

Strick54 Member

We had a great SMGCO chapter meeting. Thanks to our speaker Rusty Morris from AR Bunker. Looks like PTC & the south side will be getting an upscale state of art range come September. We also heard from Ed Stone on the legislative session this year, expectations for next year and GCO's efforts on other legal issues. Next SMGCO chapter meeting June 18th, Greenville Ga, details will be out soon.

Attached Files:

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I thought GCO was supposed to be a non-partisan, single-issue, gun rights organization. Is this no longer the case? I see a big GOP sign at the lectern. GCO must really hate itself. Have we already forgotten what the GOP governor did to us this year?

4. John1976

John1976 New Member

We use their conference room I believe at NO CHARGE. I don't think we should be messing with their signage . If we used a church, should we cover up the cross?

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

So does GCO endorse them? I'd ask the same if GCO was holding a chapter meeting in a mosque.

6. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

Do you hold all the ga gop as bad on let's make a deal?

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

We would meet in the Democrat county headquarters if they offered free space for a meeting.

They didn't.

Why don't you find the south Metro chapter another free space to meet that can accommodate everybody and the kitchen. Let us know, ok? We'll be waiting to hear from you on your constructive, productive, and helpful contribution.

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

http://fayetteal.org/visitors/civic-center/

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It is a little drastic and overly dramatic to move the south metro chapter meetings over to Alabama just because of your distaste for Republicans, don't you think?

10. Mrs_Esterhouse

:lol: Sorry, wrong Fayette.

11. Mrs_Esterhouse

12. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

The Fayette Republican meeting room/Event Center is rented out to lots of different groups. Ordinarily there are no party banners hanging in the room. However, we just finished a primary 2 days prior and that room served as a Republican phone bank during the day.

Sincerely,
    Rabid Libertarian and SMGCO member.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016