South Carolina H.3292, introduced yesterday

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by moga, Jan 13, 2011.

1. moga

moga New Member

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess119_201 ... s/3292.htm

South Carolina has a *huge* pro-gun bill introduced in the HoR. Lots of code is being stricken next door to liberalize carry laws there. Of particular interest to Georgians will be section 8, subsection (N). Let's all hope it passes.

2. Tubbith

Tubbith Member

Good luck SC. Looks like a very good bill for them from what I skimmed.

3. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

That would be great.
    :righton:

4. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Uh, wow @ the parking lot provision.

Still reading, but very, very interested.

5. sirkut

sirkut Member

Being that I live in Savannah and SC is minutes away this is good news!

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

7. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

I really like this part:

Section 23-31-710. (A) A business entity, property owner or legal possessor, or public or private employer may not establish, maintain, or enforce a policy or rule that prohibits or has the effect of prohibiting a person from transporting or storing a legally-possessed firearm or legally-possessed ammunition when the firearm or ammunition is locked out of sight within the trunk, glove box, or other enclosed compartment or area within or on the person's privately-owned motor vehicle.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Even just this.

9. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Maybe I will get to go visit my folks in Florance this summer!
    :righton:

10. LordSephiroth

LordSephiroth New Member

Anytime I see SLED responsible for anything, I shiver. I have had some really BAD encounters with them, particularly in Charleston.

11. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

+ 1000. :righton:

12. 69953

69953 Guest

Great changes here! Among them, as I read it:

- ALL valid carry permits from any state would be honored. :righton:
    - No longer require a permit to have a weapon on school property if unloaded and locked inside vehicle
    - No longer requires prior express permission to carry a weapon into a residence.
    - Carry into restaurants that serve alcohol legal, IF NOT properly posted at each entrance, OR asked to leave.

These changes would make a huge difference for me. :righton:

13. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

SC is economically hurting, much like a lot of the country. I'm sure they realize that keeping Georgia citizens from carrying in their state is costing them money. I know I don't travel to SC and spend any money there and I live on the border, all because of their current carry policy not allowing Georgian's reciprocity.

14. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Mercy! This sure flew under the radar for me. This is very exciting! I wonder if it would be opportune to attach a petition from Georgia citizens to the bill?

15. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

I will look for a list or database of South Carolina legislators that people can use to create a mail merge and send individual letters. If anyone already has or knows of one, please post it!

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I seriously doubt they are that smart.

17. cpelliott

cpelliott New Member

If this passes, anywhere you could drive from Atlanta under four hours would be OK with a GWL.
    Current carry with GA GWL:
    [​IMG]
    I may get a Florida license. I really opens up most of the country:
    [​IMG]

18. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Easily 6 hours. VA would be the closest followed by WV but they are an unlicensed open carry states (with the exception of a few towns in WV). It would mean legal carry is possible with a GWL a full 12 hours of travel in any direction from Atlanta! :mrgreen:

19. cbp0229

cbp0229 Member

I was going to say that I doubt the anti's care.