South Carolina Gun Laws Are Ballz

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I'm visiting Charleston, but on my way in, I stopped for gas at a Shell at 11pm. I was starting to get tired. I went in to pay as the card reader at the pump was broken. There was a cop buying a drink several people ahead of me at the register. He got into his cruiser and pulled away as I was checking out. I walked outside to go back to my car and the cop had pulled up next to my vehicle and was checking it out from his cruiser. I approached and asked if everything was okay. He said he and his wife were looking to buy the exact same car and had test driven it last weekend. He asked me about reliability, acceleration, etc. After a few mins of car talk he wished me a goodnight and pulled away. As I pulled out I noticed a SC highway sign and realized I must have crossed the state line and was maybe a mile or two inside SC. I then realized that the officer was a SC cop. I had been cc'ing at the gas station the entire time including the car conversion with the cop.

As i said, SC gun laws are a giant entrapment racket for tired, unwitting but otherwise lawful persons.

2. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

I don't see a problem - what am I missing?

MSgt G likes this.

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

SC is a duty to inform state upon any interaction with law enforcement.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Not exactly. The law isn't about consensual, friendly talks.

Squid likes this.
  5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Was in North Carolina which has duty to inform and got caught up in a license check. Told trooper that I was armed, my wife was armed and in a gun bag in back floor board was a Sig300 and that the only reason the on board dog was unarmed was he had no permit to do so. Trooper said looks like you got it all covered and to have a nice day. If that had been anywhere in South Carolina we all would still be in jail.

6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Appears to be up to date
    http://concealednation.org/2015/07/...aled-we-look-at-all-50-states-for-the-answers

South Carolina – Yes
    SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.

(K) A permit holder must have his permit identification card in his possession whenever he carries a concealable weapon. When carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, a permit holder must inform a law enforcement officer of the fact that he is a permit holder and present the permit identification card when an officer:

(1) identifies himself as a law enforcement officer; and

(2) requests identification or a driver’s license from a permit holder.

But it's still SC anything can happen.

7. Mrs_Esterhouse

A terrible state. Signs have legal force. Adult beverages with dinner are also illegal.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Also no carry at all in ANY public building. Don't know if it has to be posted or not. Yes, SC gun laws truly stink.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

At least we have reciprocity there. I remember when that wasn't the case.

MSgt G and phantoms like this.
  10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

So this thread is about a non-issue, but still serves to let people complain about SC gun laws.
    Hmmm... y'all need to get a life.

Watch daytime network TV if you feel a deficiency of "drama" in your life.

I'm just thankful that South Carolina passed a bill a couple years ago giving reciprocity with those of us from Georgia with GWL's.

I don't Think South Carolina has reciprocity with any other state that doesn't have a mandatory training requirement to get a carry permit.
    They made a special provision in there law just for us.

MSgt G and GM404 like this.
  11. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

We b having fun!

12. Mrs_Esterhouse

The Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.... IMG_20191010_132519247_BURST000_COVER.jpg

13. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

We got you for that.:mrgreen:

14. Mrs_Esterhouse

15. Mrs_Esterhouse

Thanks for that. Everything I read on attorney sites stated upon contact with law enforcement there was a duty to inform. Lots of FUD out there even from attorneys.

16. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

That would never happen here.

17. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Slavery was a reason for secession. Ending slavery was NOT the North's reason for invasion and starting the civil war. The war was about preserving the Union's tarrif revenue from southern ports and securing access to southern cotton. The argument is so many folks/school books say "The Civil War was fought to end slavery" and that is just 110% incorrect.

diamondback, moe mensale and Phil1979 like this.
  18. Mrs_Esterhouse

I approve of this message.

OldWoreOutMarine and Phil1979 like this.
  19. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

No, no, no, no, no, no, no! How dare you! I pointed out that tariff issue - among several others - a few months ago in another thread and was promptly informed by those who know better that I was absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. I'm sure they'll be along soon to inform you likewise. In the meantime........... :righton:

mrhutch likes this.
  20. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Waiting