Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Sopranos *spoilers*

1K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  GAGunOwner 
#1 ·
So, tonight is the last Sopranos episode. The big series finale.

Bobby got whacked. Sil is all but dead. Tony killed Christopher......what's your predictions for the last episode?

#2 ·
Ok, my :2cents:
1. Little Carmine whacks Phil and his crew :minigun: claims leadership of NYC mob.
2. The guy who had his teeth knocked out by Tony :shattered: is going to kill Meadow.
3. Silvio kicks the bucket. :-({|=
4. Tony is going to get busted for the asbestos dumping. :jail:
5. Paulie is going to get whacked by the Russian. :shattered: :shoot:
6. Carmella will go into therapy with Dr. Melfi. :shakehead: :screwy:

#3 ·
merlock said:
Ok, my :2cents:
1. Little Carmine whacks Phil and his crew :minigun: claims leadership of NYC mob.
2. The guy who had his teeth knocked out by Tony :shattered: is going to kill Meadow.
3. Silvio kicks the bucket. :-({|=
4. Tony is going to get busted for the asbestos dumping. :jail:
5. Paulie is going to get whacked by the Russian. :shattered: :shoot:
6. Carmella will go into therapy with Dr. Melfi. :shakehead: :screwy:
:lol:

I have two alarms set so I can make damn sure I don't miss it!

#6 ·
AV8R said:
Worst.Ending.Evar
I'm so mad I want to punch something.

WTF were the writers thinking?! If they are setting up for a Sopranos movie...that's one thing. But if they are going to leave it like that.....then that just is disrespectful to all of their viewers.

#8 ·
I have watched every single episode of this show from seasons 1-6 except the last two because I am out of town. It sounds like last weeks episode rocked while tonight's was essentially a non-ending. I heard Phil was whacked which is good.....but I heard the ending makes you think that Meadow is going to get murdered by a suspicious guy in a diner but then the screen fades to black. Alot of loose ends still floating around that didn't get tied. Paulie Walnuts.....wasn't he seen speeding away from Bada Bing moments before the hit on Silvio last week? I have always questioned his loyalty. What happens with the Asbestos dumping? With Phil dead who is going to take over the NYC crew? Is this all out war between Tony's and Phil's crew still on? Does Silvio live?

I guess I am very disappointed even though I have not seen the episode yet. I will catch it when we get back.

#9 ·
Doc Holliday said:
I guess I am very disappointed
You'll watch the episode and that will change from disappointed to pissed real quick.

Doc Holliday said:
It sounds like last weeks episode rocked while tonight's was essentially a non-ending.
Pretty much

Doc Holliday said:
I heard Phil was whacked which is good
Shot in the side of the head...then his own SUV runs over his head.

Doc Holliday said:
but I heard the ending makes you think that Meadow is going to get murdered by a suspicious guy in a diner but then the screen fades to black.
Not just fades. It just black all of a sudden. Like your cable is out. ~10 seconds later the credits roll to no music.

Doc Holliday said:
With Phil dead who is going to take over the NYC crew?
Not that it matters anymore...but my guess is little carmine.

#10 ·
This is one of, if not the best show of all time, in my opinion.
I have watched every episode.
I thought the ending was so messed up, I was stunned. :roll:
I thought Tony was going to get shot at the restaurant.

#11 ·
Well, it's obvious that I'm no oracle :)
+1 on the crappy final scene. I'm not happy about it, either. WHen it suddenly went black, I thought that the damn cable went out. Then the credits started rolling, and I was like...WTF???? :evil: :evil:

#12 ·
You're all missing the artistry behind the making of the show: the ending was first-person POV. I believe it was from Tony's POV: and I think he's dead. I believe the reason why it went to black like that was to take the viewer back to when he was talking with Bobby. He said "you never hear the one that gets you" (or something to that effect) ...his own words coming to fruition. Did you notice how many people in the diner were from Tony's past?

#13 ·
Boy Racer said:
Did you notice how many people in the diner were from Tony's past?
Yes. Black guys. Trucker. et al.

Boy Racer said:
I believe it was from Tony's POV
I am gonna rewatch this part, but I don't think so. IIRC the last shot before blackness is from the outside the body not from Tony's POV.

#14 ·
OH, and the song choice is important too.

Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" .... might Chase be trying to say 'whatever you think happens to T...don't stop believing.' ?

#15 ·
Boy Racer said:
You're all missing the artistry behind the making of the show: the ending was first-person POV. I believe it was from Tony's POV: and I think he's dead. I believe the reason why it went to black like that was to take the viewer back to when he was talking with Bobby. He said "you never hear the one that gets you" (or something to that effect) ...his own words coming to fruition. Did you notice how many people in the diner were from Tony's past?
Saw it, was laughing my @$$ of at the ending, boy was my wife pissed, and I could here TV from all over the nation getting whacked :lol:

Actually the POV looked like it was from Tony's son, Tony looked into the camera when his daughter walked in, then everything went black when the door opened.

#17 ·
What the f*** was that crap.

I just watched it on my TiVo and I'm just really pissed off now.

garbage

#18 ·
gsusnake said:

garbage
Welcome to most of America last night.

I bet you thought your Tivo screwed up didn't you....

#19 ·
Rammstein said:
gsusnake said:

garbage
Welcome to most of America last night.

I bet you thought your Tivo screwed up didn't you....
No, I'd already heard about the weird fadeout. The night guy came into work talking about the episode even though he KNEW I hadn't seen it yet.

I nearly had to punch him in the face to keep him from giving all of it away... he thought it was funny. I hate that.

#21 ·
An AP article about the debate
And so on the first day of Year One A.T. â€" After Tony, that is â€" the "Sopranos"-viewing world was split in two camps.

One was muttering bitterly into its morning coffee at the open-ended conclusion of the epic series, a banal family moment over onion rings that would have delighted existentialist Jean-Paul Sartre, author of "Being and Nothingness."

The other was lavishly praising the iconic HBO drama for capturing life's essential ambiguity and disorderliness.
And by POV I didn't mean the viewer was seeing the world from behind Tony's eyes, just that the 'cut to black' was what was happening to Tony. One could argue that the world went black for any of the people in the restaurant - I just feel it was what happened to Tony.

#25 ·
Well, I finally worked my way through renting the final episode.

Quite a let down. Maybe I should not have avoided reading this thread. There were several plot lines still hanging out there. Didn't Tony's lawyer call and mention that he might get arrested?

#26 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Well, I finally worked my way through renting the final episode.

Quite a let down. Maybe I should not have avoided reading this thread. There were several plot lines still hanging out there. Didn't Tony's lawyer call and mention that he might get arrested?
The commie and I didn't start watching the Sopranos until last year sometime when they started playing them in order on cable (TNT IIRC). It started off really great and we were hooked. We are in season 4 or 5 I think now and it is really slow. I absolutely hate the dream sequences Tony has. I wish now (and now that I know how it all ends) I had never got involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.