Something Smells

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by jaxenro, Nov 21, 2020 at 8:23 AM.

1. jaxenro

jaxenro Member

These numbers make exactly no sense to me. Perdue and Trump got almost exactly the same amount of votes but 46K people voted for President and not for either Senator and all of that went to Biden, plus almost half the libertarian votes switched to Biden and Trump received none of them. Looking at the top line numbers I would state they don't pass the smell test

[​IMG]

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Cite your source please.

Nemo

3. jaxenro

jaxenro Member

Vote totals were from the Wash Post or NYT website I forget which

4. Nemo

Without a source there is no credibility.

Nemo

5. jaxenro

jaxenro Member

pull the vote totals up yourself and check them. i pulled this before the recount so they might have changed slightly. once they are certified i will repost them and see if they changed much

6. HJB

HJB Active Member

Well so you think because something is in the Washington Post or the NYT that means it has credibility. I sure don't !

7. jaxenro

jaxenro Member

8. jaxenro

jaxenro Member

no but they track almost exactly with the totals released by the Georgia Secretary of State. So in the case they are reasonable. I reposted the numbers for you, with a source, but the substance of my analysis didn’t change. They just don’t look correct to me

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

It's almost as if a crap ton of Dems voted for Hazel (L) over Ossoff or didn't vote at all for this Senate race when they had the chance to pick up another seat in the Senate and possibly control of the Senate. Yes, we should all find that very easy to believe. What other possible reason could there be? :popcorn:

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

With the exception of "Common Core" that's generally a true statement. However, it says nothing about the veracity of the underlying processes you're working with that generate those numbers.

11. Nemo

Without a source there is no credibility. With a source a reader can assess and determine the credibility.

Nemo

RB in GA likes this.
  12. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Some people quite literally went to vote yay or nay on Trump and nothing more. If you pull a precinct by precinct view for any current or past election, you will find down-ballot races get fewer votes with only a few notable exceptions.