Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sig 1911 Carry Nitron

How it all happened is a little hazy. One minute I'm fondling some various .45's, I pick this one up and the next thing I know I'm walking out with a Sig case and receipt in hand. :shock:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Somehow this thing followed me home from the gun store

Dang! Don't ya hate it when that happens? Call me if it eats too much or you can't get it to stop pooping on the rug. I'll gladly take it off your hands.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts

<<Flo mode>> "It happens to me all the time!" :righton:

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts

Hmmmmm....

Hammer back...
Safety off...
Something in the trigger guard...

I smell a Safety Violation!!!!!

(Oh, and veddy vedddyyy niiiiiize. 8) )

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Fallschirmjäger said:
Hmmmmm....

Hammer back...
Safety off...

You're entirely right.

I can assure you numerous safety checks were done prior to photo setup and it was done in a room that contained no ammo :righton:

·
Registered
848 Posts

I think I like the line running down the slide......

schweeeet!

is that Commander or full size?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Editingfx said:
I think I like the line running down the slide......

schweeeet!

is that Commander or full size?
Commander

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts

*drool*

I hope another stray like that one follows my wife home on Valentines Day! I'd gladly feed it, clean it, take it on outings, and even let it sleep in the bed!

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

=D> :righton:

Nice lookin' SIG there! 8)

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts

dcannon1 said:
Sig 1911 Carry Nitron

How it all happened is a little hazy. One minute I'm fondling some various .45's, I pick this one up and the next thing I know I'm walking out with a Sig case and receipt in hand. :shock:
If I could have any one gun out on the market right now, that the Commander sized Sig 1911 you have there would be it. That thing is damn sexy. Sadly $1000+ dollar guns are not in the budget right now, at least until I have enough for a down payment on a house.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ookoshi said:
dcannon1 said:
Sig 1911 Carry Nitron

If I could have any one gun out on the market right now, that the Commander sized Sig 1911 you have there would be it. That thing is damn sexy. Sadly $1000+ dollar guns are not in the budget right now, at least until I have enough for a down payment on a house.
It was a bit less than that, but yeah it's pricey. I had no plans to buy one. I was actually thinking I was going to get something like a RIA Tactical Commander or something similar, but I made the mistake of handling the SIG. It was downhill from there.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the compliments all, although, full disclosure, it does have one of those evil external extractors on the other side :runaway:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Gorgeous! :love:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
dcannon1 said:
Thanks for the compliments all, although, full disclosure, it does have one of those evil external extractors on the other side :runaway:
[-X

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
dcannon1 said:
:faint:

What would The Good Sheriff say?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The Math Teacher said:
dcannon1 said:

Bleh, he's probably running 8 round mags too. :shattered:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
SilentGhost said:
The Math Teacher said:
dcannon1 said:

Bleh, he's probably running 8 round mags too. :shattered:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

I don't understand what you guys mean when you say it has an extractor on the other side? What does that have to do with 8 round mags?

<---- has no 1911's, and has never shot one :(

dcannon1 said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
Hmmmmm....

Hammer back...
Safety off...

You're entirely right.

I can assure you numerous safety checks were done prior to photo setup and it was done in a room that contained no ammo :righton:
Oh come on live a little! Where's the excitement in that! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts

IrishTiger said:
I don't understand what you guys mean when you say it has an extractor on the other side? What does that have to do with 8 round mags?
SheriffOconee is somewhat of a purist when it comes to 1911's. In the past few years of reading his posts, I guess his feelings can be best summed up as such:

"The 1911 has proven itself both in peacetime and wartime for a century now. Stop trying to 'enhance' the weapon in ways that only end up making it less reliable, such as with 8 round magazines and external extractors."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts