Some quick info for Cobb County Renewals

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Taurus, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Some quick info for Cobb County Renewals...Just an update....

Finally got a chance to get down there yesterday.....There were only 2 of us there to renew...

I filled out my paperwork..I was advised due to the background check, it may take 2 to 4 months to receive my license..

One girl told me it is no longer considered a renewal, but a whole new application....

Either way, it was no hassle at all to ask for temp GFL for $1 more which is good for 90 days....I just asked and they handed it to me after payment...

Prices are accurate here on this site.....

- $23 is cash..I beleve they take a check there as well according to their site

- $24 Money Order payable to GA Beureau of Investigation

- $1 for temp renewal

Additional $5 if you don't park in the square

And about $35 to eat at Hemingways<----Optional of course.... LOL...

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yay!

=D>

:woohoo:

Just don't forget how it got this way! :D GCO's goal is to have every probate judge in the state follow the law on this issue. Do not forget that just a few months ago things were very different.

To anybody reading this who is not already a member of GCO, why not?

Join Us!

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Taurus, does your temp have a "Notice to Federal Firearms Licensees" at the bottom?

4. Malum Prohibitum

:-s I forgot about that! :|

5. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Yeah it does...

Yes it does, I didn't even notice... :roll: Not like I have enough to add a new self defense tool to my collection though at this point..But it is a nuisance detail regadless...

6. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Dumb thought here (yeah, I know).

Could the 'Notice' bit on temps be considered defacing official documents as there is no justification in OCGA for doing it on the actual license (or temp). And the temp is equivelent to the actual license.

Could it be actionable?

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Wiley,

Not a dumb thought, as we already have a case against Cobb County for putting the notice on!

8. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Nope not a dumb thought at all.... :D

OK, just got my new GFL (renewal) arrived in mail today...

Lets see....Feb 5th to May 2nd , just under 90 days...Not to bad..They told me 2 to 4 months...Guess they were accurate...

So looks like Cobb is still about 90 days....

9. Malum Prohibitum

This is actually the subject of a lawsuit.