some information about Jasper County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by RedBeard, Jul 2, 2007.

1. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

I don't have the complete process but I do have some information. I spoke with Ms. Brown, the probate clerk, regarding the process. She stated that one total fee of $42 is payable to Probate Court. This fee can be paid by cash, check, or money order.

When I asked if they require a SSN, she stated they did not. A gentleman came in while I was there to start the process on his license. She told him nothing different from what she told me. She did not ask his SSN. He asked if he needed to register his handgun. She replied "We don't register guns."

She stated it would take about two weeks to process with essentially all of that time taken up with the background check. The other clerk was talking to an LE buddy of mine and stated that on her end of the process it only took a few minutes to fill out the paperwork. There is no backlog. Based on my experience in another county, I imagine the license is done quicker than two weeks.

Fingerprints are taken at the Sheriff's office which is a couple miles from the courthouse heading NW on 212. I don't know if they have a digital reader or not.

Very friendly staff at the Probate Court. The judge is an awesome lady and a very well respected judge. She is considered a no nonsense judge that does not play favorites. My professional experience with the SO has been the same.

About as close to Mayberry as you can get.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You would know if it's digital or not. Have you gotten your prints done yet? Or has it been a while since you applied or something?

4. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

I was just hanging out at the probate court waiting for a case to come up. While I was there I was just chatting with the clerks and the Judge.

I remembered there was not any info about Jasper on here so I thought I would get as much as I could.

I have been to the Sheriff's office but when I was there I didn't think to ask if they had a digital scanner.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

10-4