SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Firearms' started by ahlongslide, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

If I keep up this gun selling stuff do you think that I could get and keep an FFL? :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My dad bought this Ruger 10/22 for my mom before I was born and then my mom gave it to me when I was 16 (because I asked for it). So, it is almost 30 years old and it still functions flawlessly. I haven't shot it in over a year, so I say "functions flawlessly) very optimistically. I took it apart and sanded the stock down and refinished it a couple of months ago. The stock is in perfect condition and the receiver just has normal scratches that you would expect on a 30 yr old rifle; but they are mainly where a cheap Tasco scope was mounted (which you can have if I can find it). You can also have all the 22 LR ammo that I can find (which should be alot).

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

3. opps

opps New Member

Ruger 10/22

PM sent - am near you and can pick up.

4. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

To the 3 people that PMed me- I'll be taking the offers in the order that they were made (not necessarily in order of convenience or profitability).

Thank you for the offers! I replied to your PMs. :D

If only someone would buy the Glock 36 now...

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

6. Claire

Claire New Member

sure the one day I'm not in front of the computer all day Bleh!

7. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

You have to get one. It is my favorite gun by far. I shoot Steel Challenge with it and have a blast.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

i'm last on the offers list so far...well, sorta. that'll probably be my next purchase..maybe not this one, but one. might shop around here (in lawrenceville) for one. not sure how reliable one from a pawn shop would be. don't know where else to start around here. any suggestions?

9. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Sorry ptsmith24 and Claire, it sold!

:D

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:D for the new owner

and

:cry: for me.

I'll go looking tomorrow or the next day around here somewhere...maybe I'll find one at a pawn shop or something.

11. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Good luck, I hope you find an even better deal. :D

12. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

I always advocate buying new, when purchasing an unfamilar model.

For example, if you never owned a GLOCK, then buy new the first time. Once you know how to take them apart and fix them, then buy used. That way you know the gun will work and if it doesn't then that is the factory's or your fault, not the previous gun owner.

Keep an eye out for hunting season sales at Dicks or Bass Pro. I've seen them advertised in the $150 to $175 range during the sales. With the price of ammo, you can pay for the rifle with one box of 1000 rounds of 22 ammo.

I bought the basic rifle and added TechSights and extended mag release.

I added TechSights since the Ruger sights are impossible to see. I replaced them with real AR15 A2 front and rear aperatures. I think next time I'll get a cheap red dot.

I'm going to buy Tactical Innovations 30 round mags for it. They are adjustable. Most HiCap mags don't work well in 10/22's.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I appreciate the advice. Might ride out to Bass Pro tomorrow to check it our too.

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

They are supposed to be the best hi-caps for the 10/22. I think those are the ones that are metal.
    As you said, many other hi-caps don't work well for some reason.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Aren't the factory magazines rotary function? Maybe that has something to do with it if the hi caps aren't.