SOLD! Marlin 1894CST .38/.357 Stainless Steel Suppressor Ready Lever Action Rifle

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Firearms' started by Hari, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Hari

Hari New Member

Item Name: FS Marlin 1894CST .38/.357 Stainless Steel Suppressor Ready Lever Action Rifle

Zip Code: 30044

Item is for: Sale Only
    Sale Price: $900

Caliber: .38SPL/.357MAG

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I have for sale a Marlin 1894CST stainless steel suppressor ready lever rifle chambered in .38 Special and .357 Magnum. It has only had exactly 45 rounds of .38 Special through it. The 16" barrel is threaded 1/2 x 28 which fits many 9mm suppressors. It includes the original box with everything from the factory. The suppressor pictured is NOT included of course. :)

Face to face meetings with GA residents (must provide proof of residency). I live in Lawrenceville, work in Downtown Atlanta, and am frequently in Marietta, so I'm a little flexible on meeting places.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

What is the magazine capacity on that?

Nemo

3. Hari

Hari New Member

Marlin advertises 6 in the tube (and one in the chamber) for .357MAG, but I haven't tried to max it out yet for .38 SPL. I normal load 5 at a time, because it makes for easy division of a box of 50 cartridges. :)

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'm glad it has 1:16 twist rate in the barrel. That's faster than many other 357 rifles, carbines, and handguns. some other guns use 1:20 inches, and some use 1:38.
    In fact the only .38/.357 firearm I know of that has a faster twist rate is the TC Contender which I hear has 1:10 rifling and is intended for handloaders using 200 to 240 grain lead semi wadcutter bullets.

if I had a suppressed lever action carbine, I also would want to use the heaviest bullets I could to maximize foot pounds of energy while keeping the velocity below the speed of sound one in 16 should allow for very heavy 357 bullets .

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'm glad it has 1:16 twist rate in the barrel. That's faster than many other 357 rifles, carbines, and handguns. some other guns use 1:20 inches, and some use 1:38.
    In fact the only .38/.357 firearm I know of that has a faster twist rate is the TC Contender which I hear has 1:10 rifling and is intended for handloaders using 200 to 240 grain lead semi wadcutter bullets.

if I had a suppressed lever action carbine, I also would want to use the heaviest bullets I could to maximize foot pounds of energy while keeping the velocity below the speed of sound. 1 turn in 16" should allow for very heavy 357 bullets .