Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a 1993 Buick LeSabre Custom.

Cliff notes:
Good: heat and a/c work, new front brakes (everything), relatively new tires, still runs strong, cool bumper stickers included at no extra charge

Bad: 196k miles, looks like s**t, heavy, ~20mpg city, needs new front hub and could benefit from having back brakes cleaned/rebuilt

Long version:
The car has 196k on the clock but still runs strong. A/C works (although it requires messing with the plug that runs the compressor, I can show someone how to do this quite easily), heater is strong. Tires were put on less than 10k ago (and rotated regularly), front brakes completely redone (new rotors, calipers, pads, lines and master cylinder) around 5k ago. Body, well...see the pics. This car has seen better days, lol. I am technically the 3rd owner--1st owner sold it to my old boss, old boss gave it to me, then it was transferred to my Dad, then back to me. I do have a Nada vehicle report I can send to those that are interested. The car has been in one accident, rear-ended many years (before it was mine), and was somewhat repaired, as you can see the back bumper is still not attached 100% correctly, although it hasn't come off in the ~40k miles I've put on it in the past 6 or so years. The interior is in good condition overall, no tears in the seats, roof liner only peeling back in one little section; there are a few cracks and suck in the top of the dash IIRC, but for an almost 20 year old car, its not too bad at all. The car currently has a squeak that goes away under braking, so I took it to the shop to see what they had to say about it. They found two issues: a broken front hub and they also said the rear brakes could use cleaning/rebuilt.

My asking price on this car is [s:eiw88sny]$800[/s:eiw88sny]$600. If anyone is interested, pm me your email address and I'll email you the .pdf of the Nada vehicle report.



Â



 

·
Custom User Title
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car

20MPG city is bad? Wow, that would be a step up for me. :lol:
 

·
GPDO Supporter
Joined
·
3,508 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car

I wonder if mather1s friend who was in need has gotten a car yet? you may want to check with mather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FS: cheap car

Aberk said:
20MPG city is bad? Wow, that would be a step up for me. :lol:
True, its actually not bad for this big beast at all. I just listed it as "bad" because its not hard to do a little better than that these days. :righton:

chainsaw123 said:
I wonder if mather1s friend who was in need has gotten a car yet? you may want to check with mather.
I will send him a pm, thanks.

Forgot to mention, battery is less than a year old at the moment, and alternator was also replaced about 2 years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FS: cheap car

And again, something I forgot to add... Car has power windows, door locks, mirrors, seats, etc. Everything works fine, except on occasion in extreme wet or cold. Once the car warms up or is driven a little, everything starts working fine again. Never been a persistent problem, so I've never looked into it at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car

that is not a bad deal, if it has the 3800 engine it will go 300.000 miles if kept up right. a friend of mine had one just like it with 275.000 miles and still ran fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FS: cheap car

I can confirm, it is indeed the famed 3800 v6 engine. :)

Posted on craigslist now, dealing with all kinds of knobs from there. I'd much rather sell this to someone I "know", even if it is just through a forum....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car

I'm not old enough to drive a Buick.
Isn't there a mandatory age requirement 65 and older?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car

martin_j001 said:
I can confirm, it is indeed the famed 3800 v6 engine. :)

Posted on craigslist now, dealing with all kinds of knobs from there. I'd much rather sell this to someone I "know", even if it is just through a forum....
contact Adam5, he just got bad news on his vehicle.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,997 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car

AeroShooter said:
martin_j001 said:
I can confirm, it is indeed the famed 3800 v6 engine. :)

Posted on craigslist now, dealing with all kinds of knobs from there. I'd much rather sell this to someone I "know", even if it is just through a forum....
contact Adam5, he just got bad news on his vehicle.
I was going to contact him, but my wife told me to go finance a low mileage, late model car, since I drive 600 miles a week just go to work and back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: FS: cheap car

Adam5 said:
AeroShooter said:
martin_j001 said:
I can confirm, it is indeed the famed 3800 v6 engine. :)

Posted on craigslist now, dealing with all kinds of knobs from there. I'd much rather sell this to someone I "know", even if it is just through a forum....
contact Adam5, he just got bad news on his vehicle.
I was going to contact him, but my wife told me to go finance a low mileage, late model car, since I drive 600 miles a week just go to work and back.
Probably a good call, not sure this would be up to that kind of mileage task. Good luck with finding something that works out Adam!

(not that its not up to being a daily driver, but 600 miles a week is a big chore to ask of a car with almost 200k on it already)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: FS: cheap car

Make me an offer if you're in need of a car, would like this gone and could use the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: FS: cheap car--price lowered

bump for lowered price, $600. It doesn't get much better than that for a car with working strong a/c and heat that is road ready as-is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Re: FS: cheap car--price lowered

PM sent!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top