Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Sledgehammer
4,690 Posts
Why, yes I do. In 1976, the legislature created the "modern" version of the GFL application process. Prior to that, the law since 1910 had been a simpler pronouncement that county ordinaries were empowered to issue permits.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Okay here is a little circular logic for you.

(8) 'Licensee' means any person holding a license.
(9) 'Licensing entity' means any state agency, department, or board of this state which issues or renews any license, certificate, permit, or registration to authorize a person to drive a motor vehicle, or to engage in a profession, business, or occupation including those under
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=19-11-9.3

Since a Firearm permit is required to work as a bail recovery agent does that makes it a professional permit?

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hmmmm . . .

Department of Human Resources (in the link posted at 4:33 p.m.)

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ber950 said:
Okay here is a little circular logic for you.

(8) 'Licensee' means any person holding a license.
(9) 'Licensing entity' means any state agency, department, or board of this state which issues or renews any license, certificate, permit, or registration to authorize a person to drive a motor vehicle, or to engage in a profession, business, or occupation including those under
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=19-11-9.3

Since a Firearm permit is required to work as a bail recovery agent does that makes it a professional permit?
I think definition 7 is probably more important.

(7) 'License' means a certificate, permit, registration, or any other authorization issued by any licensing entity that allows a person to operate a motor vehicle or to engage in a profession, business, or occupation.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Ga Law gives me a headache every time I try to make sense out of it.

:banghead:

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
OCGA 19-11-9.1

(2) In accordance with the mandate contained in 42 U.S.C. Section 666(a)(13)(A) and notwithstanding any provision of Chapter 2 of Title 27 relating to licenses and permits as now existing or hereafter amended, the Department of Natural Resources shall require an applicant for a license or permit pursuant to Chapter 2 of Title 27 to provide to the Department of Natural Resources the applicant́s social security number as a part of the license or permit application. The Department of Natural Resources shall provide to the Department of Human Resources, along with other information required to be provided to the Department of Human Resources, the social security numbers of individuals who have been issued a license or permit pursuant to Chapter 2 of Title 27. The Department of Human Resources shall use the information provided by the Department of Natural Resources pursuant to this Code section for the purpose of complying with the requirements of law concerning the enforcement of child support.

(3) The information collected by the Department of Driver Services and the Department of Natural Resources and transmitted to the Department of Human Resources pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection shall be deemed confidential and not subject to public disclosure but may be shared with other state agencies as needed to comply with federal law

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That speaks for the DNR, and an exception to the federal privacy act, but not to the firearms license. A quick and not very thorough review does not show a statute applicable to a firearms license.

With that having been said, I have seen information implying that Probate Courts may be reporting this information to the DHR, perhaps in violation of the Privacy Act.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
OCGA 19-11-9.1
I was looking in 19-11-9.3 not 19-11-9.1
19-11-9.1 covers hunting licenses but 19-11-9.3 covers profesonal licenses.

I just saw this a while back and did't want you to get blind sided with it in your efforts

·
68,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
And I appreciate it. I had not seen the statute before, and it answers a great many questions I had. With that having been said, I do not believe it applies to firearms license issued pursuant to O.C.G.A. 16-11-129.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts