Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the SOB carry method it seems to be the most comfortable for me and easier to sit/drive without removing the holster constantly and readjusting. The only thing is i like the inside the pants holster and cannot find a SOB holster for my pistol. Do yall think a left hand draw inside the waistband holster would work for right hand draw behind the back?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,888 Posts
Most SOB holsters are at an extreme can't. A tradition left hand FBI canted holster would likely be too vertical and hard to draw from. SOB holster are also a "butt up" carry. [s:37w01crw]A standard hip holster will be "butt down", which can not be drwan without sweeping yourself with the muzzle of the gun.[/s:37w01crw] Also, a left handed holster would still require a left handed draw.

What do you carry?

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
When I carried SOB I used a left-handed holster to give me the more accute cant I wanted, allowing handle-down access to the weapon, which felt more natural than the traditional right-handed, handle-up SOB designs.

Generally SOB carry is discouraged for a couple of reasons (safety if you fall on your back, lack of control over the weapon, etc.), but I still occasionally CC SOB style. You may find a generic nylon holster for your gun - many of those use "reversable" clips to swith between left and right handed. Just remember, the cheaper nylon holster are not nearly as nice as the leather or kydex holsters.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i used to carry with a nylon holster w/ the movable clip but after three days of carrying the stitching in the clip securing point came undone. I have a leather IWB holster now which isnt to bad accept the horrible bulge in my pants and how uncomfortable it is when sitting. so now recently since its cooled down i wear it between my belt and my jeans and not inside my waitband directly. I like the crossbreed holsters alot just dont have 100+ to spend on one. Are there any out there? :?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am a left-handed shooter and wanted to check this out for you, so I put my holster at the small of my back and tried to draw right-handed. It is not very easy, or comfortable, I think Adam5 is right, the cant is too vertical. If you could find a left-handed holster that has the right cant it might work, but good luck with that. Try being left-handed and finding a holster that you like, it's almost impossible.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You may want to look at Kholster if you want to go IBW SOB. I have not tried adjusting to that on mine, but there is a ton of cant and depth adjustment. Contact them and see if they have any pics of one adjusted for that. Mine is out on loan and I have just placed an order for another, or I would try it out for you.

If you decide to buy one, many members on here have 10% off discount codes for you to use, myself included. To be fair, know that any members discount code number you use will also give that person a larger discount on their next Kholster purchase as well and you will receive your own code for the same purpose.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
zookeper said:
i will put together a holster for you, per your specs and molded to your gun, in 2 weeks or less.
He did it for me . . . just picked up the companion magazine carrier today. Looks great, fits great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zookeper said:
i will put together a holster for you, per your specs and molded to your gun, in 2 weeks or less.
I would love to be able to do that just strapped for cash being a college student...what is your average price for a holster?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts