SOB Carry

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Paczowski123, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Paczowski123

Paczowski123 New Member

I like the SOB carry method it seems to be the most comfortable for me and easier to sit/drive without removing the holster constantly and readjusting. The only thing is i like the inside the pants holster and cannot find a SOB holster for my pistol. Do yall think a left hand draw inside the waistband holster would work for right hand draw behind the back?

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Most SOB holsters are at an extreme can't. A tradition left hand FBI canted holster would likely be too vertical and hard to draw from. SOB holster are also a "butt up" carry. [s:37w01crw]A standard hip holster will be "butt down", which can not be drwan without sweeping yourself with the muzzle of the gun.[/s:37w01crw] Also, a left handed holster would still require a left handed draw.

What do you carry?

3. Paczowski123

Paczowski123 New Member

i carry a S&W M&P .40 cal

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

When I carried SOB I used a left-handed holster to give me the more accute cant I wanted, allowing handle-down access to the weapon, which felt more natural than the traditional right-handed, handle-up SOB designs.

Generally SOB carry is discouraged for a couple of reasons (safety if you fall on your back, lack of control over the weapon, etc.), but I still occasionally CC SOB style. You may find a generic nylon holster for your gun - many of those use "reversable" clips to swith between left and right handed. Just remember, the cheaper nylon holster are not nearly as nice as the leather or kydex holsters.

5. Paczowski123

Paczowski123 New Member

yes i used to carry with a nylon holster w/ the movable clip but after three days of carrying the stitching in the clip securing point came undone. I have a leather IWB holster now which isnt to bad accept the horrible bulge in my pants and how uncomfortable it is when sitting. so now recently since its cooled down i wear it between my belt and my jeans and not inside my waitband directly. I like the crossbreed holsters alot just dont have 100+ to spend on one. Are there any out there? :?

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Also, are you using a regular belt or a purpose made gun belt?

7. 175FO

175FO Member

I am a left-handed shooter and wanted to check this out for you, so I put my holster at the small of my back and tried to draw right-handed. It is not very easy, or comfortable, I think Adam5 is right, the cant is too vertical. If you could find a left-handed holster that has the right cant it might work, but good luck with that. Try being left-handed and finding a holster that you like, it's almost impossible.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Every purpose made SOB holster that I have seen is near horizontal.

9. Priest

Priest New Member

You may want to look at Kholster if you want to go IBW SOB. I have not tried adjusting to that on mine, but there is a ton of cant and depth adjustment. Contact them and see if they have any pics of one adjusted for that. Mine is out on loan and I have just placed an order for another, or I would try it out for you.

If you decide to buy one, many members on here have 10% off discount codes for you to use, myself included. To be fair, know that any members discount code number you use will also give that person a larger discount on their next Kholster purchase as well and you will receive your own code for the same purpose.

10. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

what about a Clip Draw?

11. hammerg26

hammerg26 Member

12. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i will put together a holster for you, per your specs and molded to your gun, in 2 weeks or less.

13. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

He did it for me . . . just picked up the companion magazine carrier today. Looks great, fits great.

14. Paczowski123

Paczowski123 New Member

I would love to be able to do that just strapped for cash being a college student...what is your average price for a holster?

15. zookeper

zookeper Active Member