So You Believe In Our 2nd Amendment Rights and Other's?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Savvy Jack, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Really? Where does it say The Right except while on someone else's private property? Where does it say unless you have a licence? Where does it say it must be concealed as to not freak out the freaks? Where does it say except in churches, schools, bars, etc?

WHERE???????

You either believe in what it says or you are no different than Obama or anyone else that wants to create their own words!
    :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

2. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Re: So You Believe In Our 2nd Amendment Rights?

The basis for all our rights is ultimately private property rights. If I can't tell you to gtf off my property for whatever reason, what rights do I really have?

3. Priest

Priest New Member

I believe in all of my rights up to the point that they would infringe on anothers... and I believe in everyones this way. I do not believe in the law getting involved in it in any form up to that point that one would interfere in the life, liberty, or property of another.

Yes a private property owner should be able to tell me to gtfo... for any reason, but they should also be allowed to welcome me as I come rather than the gvt telling them they cannot allow me to carry a weapon, or smoke, or whatever.

4. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Stop typing with all that common sense, people can't understand it :mrgreen:

5. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

lol, yeap....this was a troll...thanks for the input guys!

More thoughts anyone?

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm with Priest one this one.

Your rights are yur rights until they cross the rights of another person. Private property is private property. The Constitution protects your rights from the Government. It does not protect them from the rights of another person. Do property owners not have any rights on property they paid for and pay taxes on?

7. rah45

rah45 New Member

Ditto.

8. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

+1

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

10. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

How about felons, should they be allowed to possess and/or carry guns? Let me rephrase, should they be allowed to keep and bear arms?

11. dunkel

dunkel New Member

If they have served their time, it doesn't seem fair to prohibit. Either you have paid your debt to society or you haven't. If you have, you should get all your rights back.

12. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

:panic: more logic :panic:

13. Priest

Priest New Member

I have said it before in other discussions of this sort and I will reiterate it again...
    Yes!

If a person is trusted to be a free man walking amongst the other free citizens of this country, then he should have each and every one of his RIGHTS... they are supposed to be the rights of all free men period. The entire legal and penal system needs a major overhaul for this to work. In my opinion, here is the outline of the revamp... take it or leave it

*All crimes other than crimes against the life, liberty or property of another get repealed
    *The punishment for conviction of a crime that is left has real teeth, this means death penalty for murder and rape and serious time for other things... torture is also a death penalty crime
    *death penalty still gets appeals process, but it is given a priority through the system (since we wouldnt be trying as many people for other crap this would be easier anyway)... appeals have a short life span and if the conviction isnt overturned you get the chair, needle, gas, bullet whatever.
    *anyone convicted of 2 violent felonies automatically gets bumped up to death penalty anyway and the only way to stop that is for one of the violent felonies to be overturned... those with more than that already and out of appeals get in the line and go.
    *run jails and prisons on a model similar to Sheriff Joes... not necessarily the same... but similar.
    *those on a violent felony sentence are put on the work gang mandatory

if it were a real punishment to do a crime, there would be less. If you did a crime and served your sentence thus paying your debt to society... then you are to be restored as a free man with no limitations on your rights. If you are irresponsible with your freedoms then you go back into the system.

Every species of intelligent animal that we keep in civil society understands consequences and can be trained out of bad behavior in one respect or another. Your cat, dog, ferret, or pet bear can be trained to do or not to do with rewards and punishment. The animals that turn and do something violent are put down, people are just animals.

As I said, that is my belief.... I did a rough outline of some changes, the mot important being that the laws need to be changed, the penalties for real crimes be severe, and those that have paid their debts are free of restraint unless they choose to fall back into the life that got them in trouble in the first place.

14. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Yes

15. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Yes, unless their crime was shooting someone in the commission of a robbery, rape, murder, or other violent crime. If they've done that, no more gun rights for them, period.

16. dunkel

dunkel New Member

If they're too dangerous to have a gun, why aren't they too dangerous to let out of prison?

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner!!!

18. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Yup. If they can't be trusted to walk around in society, lock em up or put em down.

19. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

By the same token, why disarm the folks upon whom these people are being turned loose?