So, non US citizens can vote now?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by TimBob, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

2. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

Technically NO. But it is on the honor system. So you know there are always those folks who will justify lying to get their way. What happens if they are caught? How does their vote get removed? They could lie about who they voted for too.

I'm not liking this in light of our current illiegal immigrant situation. There are portions of the US with such high immigrant populations that fit in perfectly with the citizen populations that you can't tell just by looking at them. This will just be another way that the freedoms of the US can be abused.

3. smn

smn Active Member

I think the proposal had to do specifically with resident legal aliens and not illegals. Personally, voting is a right of citizenship.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Hell... they don't even have to decide for themselves:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 15608.html

5. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

how else can the demonic party win?

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I read this last night. Just unbelievable. I am beginning to think its time to ditch the electronic machines and go back to paper ballots. Its just too easy to fraud one of these machines.

Not than any election is ever without its fraud. I understand there will always be election fraud as long as there are elections. It just seems these machines just make it way too easy.

7. the279

the279 New Member

Technically NO

8. Lysander

Lysander New Member

Actually, it depends on the State. There is nothing on the books that says resident aliens may not vote in local elections. In fact, Maine's constitution gets very tricky in regards to this.