So long 4th and 5th amendments ... it was nice knowin' ya'

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Thorsen, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

2. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Lol, I used the underline command instead of the url one. Fixed it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

3. tace

tace New Member

The question is "Which one next?" , care to take wagers on 1st or 2nd?

Soon, we'll be just like those countries we are fighting to "free".

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

But GWB is still a good president........

[laugh]

5. Dan H

Dan H New Member

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Good at wrecking the Constitution.

7. Purge

Purge New Member

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

So where does the Judiciary branch fit into all this. What about warrants and probable cause, and evidence?
    No mention of the Justice Dept in that, all Executive Branch Appointees, placed there by the the KING.

Basically it allows them to seize your property if they THINK you may have helped someone upset the delicate balance of the iraq government. [sacasm filter]

This sound a lot what the colonists went through back after the Boston Tea party.

this will be our generations Intolerable Acts

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Depends on what you're measuring him against - compared to Hitler, Saddam, or Henry VIII he's not so bad.

:wink:

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I never thought I'd change my opinion of Jimmy Carter, but I have.

I always thought he was a good person but a terrible president. The worst in my lifetime. Now, I still believe he's a good person and was still a terrible president, but he's only the second worst. By an ever widening margin!

At least he didn't destroy any of our rights, didn't turn an inherited surplus into a record breaking deficit in a matter of months and no terrorist attacks took place inside our borders during his term! Actually, he's looking better and better.

I refuse to reveal for whom I voted in 2000...... :cantsay: The sanctity of the ballot box and all that ya know....!

11. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

He did appoint two great justices. That's about it. That and providing an endless supply of ridiculous quotes for nearly every situation.

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

And those monkey posters! I always enjoyed those.

13. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Yeh, after the Harriet Miers debacle, he actually did get around to appointing someone with a real judicial resume. I find no fault at all with his SCOTUS appointments ... but man, isn't that a thin line to hang your legacy on?

14. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I don't want to hang our legacy on anything. He seems to be a pretty nice guy.

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

LOL