Snowflake Triggered at Northlake Mall (DeKalb)

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by GoDores, Sep 17, 2017.

1. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

I was not the person in question, although I live about five minutes from this mall and go there regularly. This rant was just posted on a local FaceBook group (it's a closed group so I don't know if the link will work if you're not a member):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/122015654563095/?fref=ts

(Poor grammar and lack of paragraphs are from the original post.)

There are already hundreds of replies. Some people are calling out the OP for harassing someone minding his own business, but the majority are supportive - "If you see something, say something", or "the mall bans guns so you did the right thing". (I don't know if it does or not - it's not a Simon property and there are no "gunbuster" signs, and I've never bothered to read the fine print on their "rules" poster.)

I came here somewhat hoping to find a new thread that began "So I was minding my own business in a mall food court, when a security guard came up to me and told me I'd been threatening some lady's kid who was in a store at the other end of the mall..."

2. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

I just saw a friend of mine (who I think is generally pro-gun) post a screenshot from GPDO on the thread :shock:

I think her point was to point out that if the mall doesn't want carry, all they can do is ask you to leave. It's not a crime. It's from a very old thread when the mall was a Simon property (it's long since been sold to another group) but the cross posting was a little eerie.

3. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Northlake is just within my Crimemapping.com radius and I can say you definitely want to carry there. Some crime or another happening in the parking lot is a regular thing.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

A pistol AND a confederate flag cell phone belt holder? Well, it certainly sounds like the OP saved a lot of lives as I think we all remember the terroristic acts committed in the US by citizens OC'ing a pistol on their belt with a confederate cell phone holder. Right?

5. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

This is somewhat reminiscent of the posts that I see on the dumpster fire I call "Nextdoor". Whenever someone drives through the neighborhood and *aghast!* turns around in a driveway, there will be three posts "ALERT!!!" about an intruder and of course, the obligatory ending to the idiot post, "police have been contacted".

God, I hate social media...I am convinced that it will be the downfall of this country.

6. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Our neighborhood has one almost like that, but there is a lot of stuff my dad didn't get to leave me because such watch programs weren't active in his neighborhood. I'll say it's better than having each house being its own bunker with the shades drawn as people cart off your stuff.

Now, as for the OP. She was just jealous because he had two women with him.

7. johnski

johnski Active Member

and white, don't forget that !

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

That seals it. He (and probably both ladies) were alt-right, kek loving, Trump supporting, white supremacist racist republicans. They had to be shouted down, run out, and marginalized.

Nemo

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

There is one really uppity large neighborhood in Canton Georgia, that most of you probably know, but it will remain nameless, where they post a picture of your vehicle and your tag on their neighborhood FB page if they catch you going 5 miles per hour over the speed limit, of course this is just an estimation of theirs. Sometimes the offender actually goes on there and actually admit that it was them, or just laughs about it.

Everybody has just turned into the biggest Busy Body you can think of.

10. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

:lol:

This is 100% true of Nextdoor. It has its useful points, but the ratio of terrified wusses to normal adults is way too high. I'm not sure if that's from self-selection of those who sign up, or if it's because we just have way too many terrified wusses in the general population.

Re: my OP, a moderator pulled the Facebook thread after it got to well over 300 posts in a couple hours. No doubt the hawkeyed defender of mall rules will continue to keep her watchful eye over the food court for any further violations of her delicate sensibilities.

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

It's been a while since I've been to Northlake Mall, but I've never been there without having two concealed pistols on me.

What the snowflakes there don't know won't hurt them.