Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty ya'll...... SWMBO'd has informed me that she'd like to take the kids to see snow. Where in Georga, if anywhere, it there any 'real' snow sticking. The north Ga. mountians would be the only place(s) I can think of, but I wanted to ask ya'll for any help locating any real white stuff.

Costal Camden County ain't exactly the place to look for 'snow' anything.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
You better hurry.... I would hate to leave out and get up here just to find that it's gone. It's still laying pretty thick around my place but I suspect that by this afternoon it will be sparse. If you are coming I'd head for high country with a northern exposure. Maybe above Helen or Blood Mountain.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
By the time you got here from St. Mary's, it'd all be gone.
No fun there.

So, just watch the news for the NEXT big snow storm, and head up here before it starts. I feel pretty safe in predicting that there will be another snow or three this winter, since we got such an early start.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There's still 1 - 2 inches in the flat, shady areas of my yard in Rabun County, elevation about 2900 ft. However, it will probably be gone by tomorrow.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roger that. Mrs.GSB had a hair up her exaust and wanted to get into some snow. My google-fu is producing nothing of any real 'white stuff' within a days drive.

Wonder what she'll want to do now? She wants outta the house.....I don't blame her.....but this idea may have to wait a bit.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
goldshellback said:
Wonder what she'll want to do now? She wants outta the house.....I don't blame her.....but this idea may have to wait a bit.
Yeah - why stay in warm St. Mary's when you could be up here,
stranded so you can't get home, having to live in a motel, with all the restaurants & fast-food places closed for Christmas holidays! That's way more fun.

I'm not complaining, not even about having to eat Chili & Beans MRE's for Christmas dinner. I know some of our servicemen & women had it much worse. Nobody was shooting at me, for example.

But snow isn't all fun and games, ya know.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
groats said:
But snow isn't all fun and games, ya know.
I do know.....I was stationed in the 'great northwest' for four years. Saw plenty of it.....and your 100% right, it ain't all fun.
I think after 10 years down here, with zero snowfall, SWMBO'd wanted to take a 'day-trip' to see some 'powdered mountians' more than anything. Our Christmas holiday has been regulated to 'close-to-home' stuff. Mrs. GSB is a little 'cabin-sick' me thinks and looking for an excuse to show the kids something new. I don't blame her one bit and I'd love to accomidate her.....I wouldn't mind getting out on a spotanious road-trip either. I'm sure she'll hit me with another 'idea' shortly.

Thanx for the replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts