Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the course of my conversation with a fellow shooter at the range today, he asked if I’d ever shot an IDPA target before; I said “noâ€, so he gave me one. “People don’t come with boxes on their face or center mass†he said. “Try shooting at this unmarked (scoring zones are punched onto the cardboard, but you can’t really see them past a few yards) silhouette and see how you do.†So, I did! I was standing, shooting from 25 yds with my Century Arms C308, and using the iron sights.

The first photo is of 10 snap-shots (start with the rifle pointed straight ahead and down at 45% angle for each shot). I got six shots inside the -0 (8â€) circle, a seventh touching the circle, and another shot was close, but no cigar. On the other hand, I also threw one shot over the target’s left shoulder.

The second photo is of five slow shots while using the sling. I tried to hold the front post at the 6:00 position on the head.

The third photo is the same as the second, except that this time I put the front post on the head of the target.

Attachments

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
25 yds with my Century Arms C308 Black Betty bam-ba-lam, and using the iron sights.
FTFY. She deserves the respect of her name.

Nemo

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
And, for anyone who was curious, but didn't know (like me until a few minutes ago): the target is 30 & 1/2" tall, 18" wide at its widest point, and the "head" is 6" high and 6 & 3/4" wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts