SNAGGED!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by fmlaw1, Jan 5, 2011.

1. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

Interesting email that is apparently floating around! :screwy:

2. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

Lol, very interesting take on a classic scam. It's not enough to entice people with those scams anymore, now they are actually trying to scare people into giving out their personal info.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

FBI won't send an email, they'll send a letter.

IF the FBI did send an email, the return address would be [email protected]

Poor and non-American sentence structure, awkward language even for government service workers.

4. harleymason

harleymason New Member

Too funny. Poor sentence structure is right. You have been warned, we'll arrest you whenever we want..... so BLAH! I wish these idiots would come to my house so I wouldn't get any more stupid emails.

5. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

If you want to get back at them you could always get into scambaiting. Where you play along with the scam and make the scammer waste significant time and resources by acting like a gullible target.

Here's some examples:
    http://www.419eater.com/

6. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Um, yea, the FBI would not send an e-mail. They would send a letter... and it would be HAND DELIVERED by an FBI special agent... or maybe even 2!

I received a federal summons once, and that's the way it was delivered! Thankfully, the case was settled out of court and I did not have to testify or even give a statement.

7. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Oh my! You'd better do what it says...

1) Click Forward
    2) On the "To:" address line, enter [email protected]
    3) At the top of the message body, type...
    Dear FBI: Please see below. Tell me what I should do regarding this matter. Thank you!
    4) Click Send

http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press- ... nformation

8. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

I've done this before! It's actually pretty entertaining to play the role of a gullible target only to laugh in the scammers face once you grow tired of the correspondence. Sometimes I just don't reply at all and instead just forward their email address to as many spam sites as I can find.

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'd tell them if they already have my address, just mail me the money. In cash. Oh, and I'd tell them I'm not going to sign for the package, so UPS can just leave it at my doorstep.

10. lostprofit

lostprofit New Member

I've received the exact same one. Cracks me up. I've thought about forwarding it to the FBI before. I think I will. New twist on the Nigerian Lottery? :sly: It would possibly have had more impact if it weren't for the atrocious grammar and the typos.

11. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Went through that site... this just might be my new hobby. :D

12. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

US Govt. BWAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah right...