Smith & Wesson 1911PD **Update: Got It!**

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Jmark, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I am wanting to get a .45 that is comfortable to carry, my Springfield 1911 High Capacity is waaay to heavy for every day carry, and was considering an M&P till I started looking at the 1911PD. The 4.25in model weighs less than the M&P and only a couple of ounces more than my XD9 I currently carry.

I was specifically looking at the Gunsite model, but that's not set in stone. Anyone have any experience with these here? In browsing around other forums they seem to be pretty popular.

Oh yeah, my Springfield may be going up for sale or trade soon, depends on what I go with.

2. grayelky

grayelky New Member

I have the 4.25" S&W 1911Sc, which I think, is the current 1911PD. I like it. It (or me) is more accurate than my son's Taurus 1911, and it only weighs 28 ounces. Even so, at the end of 8 or 9 hours, it is heavy. As much as I like it, I am considering, once again, my original plan: a Kimber CDP Ultra. It has fewer rounds, but it only weighs 25 ounces. Three ounces is not a lot, until the end of the day.

If you are not a fan of the 3" .45 ACP, then it I think it will be hard to beat. I would consider night sights.

3. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I will eventually get some night sights when I get this gun. I am not a fan of the 3" .45's though. I know a lot of folks have had reliability problems with the short 45's.

Thanks for the input.

4. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

WooHoo! Got it! :shoot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for a new holster! I was thinking the Memphis by Southern.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton: Let us know how it shoots.

6. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Wow, that is a purdy gun you got there 8)

7. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Here's hoping you like yours as much as I like mine!!