Smell the Irony

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Newspaper publishes list of CCW holders. The rulesfor the newspaper's web site forum state:

:lol:

Clayton Cramer asks:

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Some of the (130 and counting) comments are interesting:

Alex Elliott wrote on Jun 27, 2007 10:13 AM:
    " Stuck on stupid. Anyone remeber the woman in Va. that had to move because of the same thing - her ex was a lunatic and was able to track her down due to the local rags artical doing the same thing? I can only hope that if this artical is used to harm some one - you, the owners of this rag, and those that made the descision to post this, are sued and loose everything. "

I especially liked this one:

Patriot wrote on Jun 27, 2007 10:52 AM:
    " "Ohio CCW Licensee" is correct. You MUST contact the advertisers! Why? Because here in the forum "talk is cheap" and your opinion means very little to the SR--but ad revenue is their lifeblood! Also be aware that some advertisers are on a contract and may not be able to "pull" their ads. However they may choose (a) not to renew the contract and/or (b) to remove the SR paper from their business, as at least one local business, Windjammer Restaurant in Marblehead, has forced the Register to remove their paper machines from the premises because of this violation of privacy. "

And this one:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Again?
    How can any newspaper NOT know about the big stink this caused a couple months ago.

:down:

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

And the stink made a few months before that, and a few months before that.

I can think of at least 3 states that have recently made their info private because of the newspapers.

This would be (at the least) newspaper number 4.