small problems...very fixable

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by artz, Mar 16, 2006.

1. artz

artz New Member

Before I bought, I had alot of folks tell me that the para's are excellent guns worth the money, except the mags could be better and the extractor needs to be replaced in the older guns. Thats what mine is... an older gun.
    So I will soon be replacing the extractor with a more HD bulletproof version. The mags are just fine though.
    The newer para's have the bullet proof HD extractor installed. For those that can't recognize said para's that do not need the extractor replaced, you will see a big laser-etched X on the slide.
    The LDA's are by far about the best pistols I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. You'll think so too......
    Arthur 8)

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

They are high quality, just no smiths around here know how to fix them. They are quite a bit different on the inside than a regular 1911.

3. artz

artz New Member

I put in the new extractor from Ed Brown. The gun shoots flawlessly.
    Man....it is such a sweet piece to shoot ! 8)

4. lowcountry_gunsmith

lowcountry_gunsmith New Member

I've worked on seceral para's, they do take some time to get use to while exploring the possiblitys of whats ailing them....
    good ole fashion revolver is still hard to beat :)

5. magnum62

magnum62 New Member

I've had 2, I still have 1, a Tac Four. I never had any problems with either of them.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ahem.

http://home.comcast.net/~ojhenderson/gunny9ti.gif

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Hey MP, did you know that if you are going to link to a small image like you just did, if you put the "Img" BBCode around it the forum will display the picture? When you are posting, just highlight the link to the pic and click the "Img" button.

[​IMG]

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I know exactly what I am doing!

How dare you question my unsurpassed technical prowess!

:lol:

9. artz

artz New Member

LOL..... ok, I'll put up a pic later. I'm not on my 'puter.... :lol: :oops: