Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Slide finish suggestions

685 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Nemo 
#1 ·
I have a Polish P83 Radom that has some finish issues on the slide. These pistols were never known for having a great finish and I think some one may have given it a black paint job at some point.

The finish that on it is wearing through and when cleaning black paint gets on your hands. I was thinking of stripping and rattle canning it, but am not sure if I can disassemble it and get back together again. The pistol isn't really worth having a smith Duracoat it.

Any suggestions for a cheap DIY slide finish?

#2 ·
Raw

Sandblast all the finish off and polish it to look like stainless steel. Then slather it in bacon grease and carry it proudly. It won't rust and you'll always smell like breakfast . Plus you'll probably be accompanied by one or more dogs wherever you go. Dogs are very good security.

#6 ·
If Cerakote is basic powder coating do that. Or go to Harbor Freight and spend $6 or so and get theirs. Fair warning, make sure you do not do it the oven in the kitchen.

Nemo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.