Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... /303230014

Jamie Buck was asleep early Friday when a sledgehammer shattered his side door’s window and a stranger burst into his rented home, demanding money or jewelry.

That was the last demand Millard Brandenburg would ever make.

Brandenburg suffered a fatal gunshot to the head, three shots in the chest and a fifth shot in the left side, Butler County Coroner Richard Burkhardt said.

During the past decade, [Brandenburg] had been cited into Hamilton Municipal Court on more than two dozen offenses including traffic citations, ethnic intimidation, assault, resisting arrest and forgery.

Brandenburg served two state prison terms; for a drug conviction and failing to pay child support. He was last released from prison in May, but was locked up in Resolutions, Butler County’s minimum security jail, from July 12 until Feb. 2 for failing to comply with police orders, officials said.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
That's more like it!
None of that one shot & he runs off stuff.
One to the head, 3 center mass, & I'd bet you the price of lunch that the last one was as the guy was going down. Just to make sure. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thats GREAT! To get popped in the head with a sledgehammer and still be able pump 5 shots in a bad guy is Awsome Baby :D

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
He got just what he asked for... plain and simple :!:

·
68,640 Posts
Tripod image not showing up.

From the original story:
"Buck, who told police he was hit in the head with the sledgehammer, was treated at Fort Hamilton Hospital."
:shock:

·
68,640 Posts
Also from the original story:

"Brandenburg [the home invader] lived with his mother . . ."

:roll:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:

He was a good boy. He was trying to turn his life around. He wouldn't ever hurt anyone. Why did he have to shoot him like some kind of animal.

...ad nauseum.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Uhhh?????

mzmtg said:
Malum Prohibitum said:

He was a good boy. He was trying to turn his life around. He wouldn't ever hurt anyone. Why did he have to shoot him like some kind of animal.

...ad nauseum.
UH, Which came first, the 3 in the chest or one in the head, I mean the dead chicken or the rotten egg?
I think its time to outlaw sledge hammers, they are way to dangerous.
:woohoo: :rotfl:
Take care,

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I was gonna post something here, but...

By the time I read all the other postings, I forgot what I planned to say.

So...... just try to imagine I posted something. Something pithy, humorous, intelligent, witty, insightful, and reflective rather than this!

:cheers:

Yeah, it's past five o'clock.................. and if I don't slow down... :puke:

What the hell... other than a waste of good bourbon, which it certainly is... Hey! This way I get to enjoy it twice!

Maybe I should slow down a bit............. At the risk of repeating myself, what the hell!!! Let's have another!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 1056/COL02

HAMILTON - A Butler County grand jury declined Wednesday to indict a Hamilton man who shot and killed a sledgehammer-wielding home invader.

Inside his rented home on March 23, Jamie Buck, 33, fatally shot Millard Brandenburg, 31.

Buck told police a man burst into his home to demand money or jewelry after using a sledgehammer to shatter a side door window. Authorities identified the intruder as Brandenburg, who had been released from jail seven weeks earlier.

Buck, who told police he was hit in the head with the sledgehammer, was treated at Fort Hamilton Hospital. Brandenburg was shot five times in the head and torso, Butler County Coroner Richard Burkhardt said.

Brandenburg lived in Hamilton with his mother. During the past decade, he had been cited into Hamilton Municipal Court on more than two dozen offenses including traffic citations, ethnic intimidation, assault, resisting arrest and forgery. He served two state prison terms: for a drug conviction and failing to pay child support.

Early on, authorities said they believed this case was a legitimate example of self-defense.

In Ohio, a four-part test is used to prove whether a shooting is in self-defense: The person who shot did not cause the violent encounter; the person had reason to believe he was in imminent danger of great bodily harm; the person used reasonable force to repel the attack; and the person didn't violate a duty to retreat.

"I am satisfied with the grand jury's decision that this was a justified homicide," said Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper. "A person in America is entitled to defend himself in his home."

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
S&W 40 said:
In Ohio, a four-part test is used to prove whether a shooting is in self-defense: The person who shot did not cause the violent encounter; the person had reason to believe he was in imminent danger of great bodily harm; the person used reasonable force to repel the attack; and the person didn't violate a duty to retreat.
:banghead:
Ohio doesn't have a Castle Doctrine law??? :evil:

This could've gone either way. :(

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
[counter-strike voice] HEADSHOT!!![/counter-strike voice]

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Dan H

Wow, that shooter was no slouch...
You could say he was a motivated shooter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts