SKorea: NKorea fires artillery onto island

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by 45Alive, Nov 23, 2010.

1. 45Alive

45Alive Member

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/23 ... ry-island/

2. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Getting close to [​IMG] time with North Korea. Their population is starving and on the verge of revolt, so I guess it's time to start a 'patriotic' war with the South.

The real question is whether or not China is going to beat them back into line - again - or let us get sucked into another hot conflict far away from home. Sixty years of dealing with North Korea has proved Douglas MacArthur right - there is no substitute for victory.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:shock: Not good for anyone... can't be good for America.

4. moga

moga New Member

:goodpost:

I'm wondering the same thing. The Chinese need to put their pet on a leach before some one does something that can't be taken back. I'm sure the only reason that the fighter jet of the south hasn't gone airborn is because D.C. is "urging restraint." :roll: Has the north launched an attack of this magnitude in recent memory, as in the last twenty years? Usually they saber rattle. This is a clear act of provocation.

Know what else bugs me about the Chinese government? They want all the trappings and none of the responsibility of being a major power. Their silence shows their belligerence toward the world as much as the shelling itself by the north Koreans.

5. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

Simple answer Moga. China benefits from a destabilized region. Not taking any responsibility for yanking on NK's leash means everyone is still guessing - no need to claim you can exert power if you don't really want to.

6. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

7. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

The last "skirmish" was in November 2009. That battle left one North Korean officer dead and three others wounded, according to South Korean officials.

8. moga

moga New Member

:roll:

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The U.N. needs to authorize an invasion of North Korea to take out their nuclear facilities and hang the dictator for murder and making aggressive war by numerous terrorist attacks and military strikes against South Korea and Japan.

North Korea is too crazy to be trusted with nuclear weapons. Screw their right to "self defense." They aren't interested in defense. They're the aggressor.

Didn't the N. Korean navy just torpedo and sink a S. Korean military ship?

For that the U.N. ought to take away all their subs. Let them have a navy, but with surface ships only. Harder to misuse surface ships for black ops and smuggling, assasination squads, etc.

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hold on: Some other website (last updated 2 p.m. today) says that South Korea admits that its side fired the first round of shells.

WTH? Well damn, pal, if you don't want your neighbor to shoot at you, don't shoot at him.
    And if he does shoot back at you, don't come whining to us about it. You'll learn not to kick the hornet's nest.

P.S. I wonder if this is true, and if so, I wonder if S. Korea was provoked into shooting first? It's hard for me to imagine what kind of provocation would be enough for that.

11. suttree

suttree New Member

S. Korea claims it was an exercise, training etc. I say give them both really short range nukes and stand back and watch the show. It would never work, but it would be fun to watch. Their are several other places around the world where I think this would be fitting. If we could just get the fallout to stay in one place. Sigh.

12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

We should go in and finish the job, so that all of Korea can be free. And if China doesn't like it, we can ask them if they want some of it, too.

13. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

I don't believe S. Korea fired any rounds at the N. Korean mainland. South Korea was firing rounds in the opposite direction, unfortunately from contested land, and without notifying N. Korea.

14. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Never forget for a minute that China has tons of ICBMs that would easily reach our heartland. On top of that, and presuming we destroyed them, we'd get to pay the cost of reconstruction on top of what we already owe them. Of course, if there were no people left to claim the debt? :sly:

15. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

For those that would suggest we "go in" or "invade them", it's not possible. We don't have an armed force large enough. It would be strictly an air war and likely nuclear.

16. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

The whole reconstruction thing is fairly modern. Just say no.

I've never understood why we do that. Once you defeat an enemy why build him up? :screwy:

17. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

Neutron bombs.

clean, efficient, practical.

Heck, they're GREEN!

18. seereus

seereus Active Member

You may be correct, however, maybe we should concern ourselves with stopping the tyranny in the USA and reclaim our freedom first?

19. 45Alive

45Alive Member