Skinny Jeans

Discussion in 'Women with Firearms' started by Juturna, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Juturna

Juturna New Member

I'm probably going to get a lot of crap from the older guys so I figured the females would have more expiernce with this than the rest of the guys.

Do any of you females carry with your tight/skinny jeans?

If so do you have any tips? Perhaps I should start carrying a man bag? I'm prett fed up with not carrying due to the pants I wear. :cantsay:

Again, please don't give me a hard time with this one. haha

2. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Dress like a man. Sorry, I had to :)

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Why not carry OWB with an untucked shirt to conceal? Or you could just OC.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I got a 34.5" waist and I buy 36" jeans, but only if they have stretch fabric. This is the way to do it. :D

5. Juturna

Juturna New Member

I kind of figured you had something to say about it drty haha

Generally I OC everywhere. Just not in my skinny jeans... Could you imagine the reaction of a little artsy kid with skinny jeans OCing a full size XD40?

I am also moving to Perry GA. I wouldnt get any crap in Savannah because they are use of the SCAD kids in the area... but Perry... I'm going to get enough strange looks as is... haha!

They do have some with a little elastic in the waiste. I wonder how bad that will print if I wear a hoodie as well.

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Aw come on Juturna, OC the XD in skinny jeans. Educate them to the fact that even artsy kids carry for protection. :)

7. tsangster

tsangster Member

Had to read the second question twice. Originally thought it was a bit personal and somewhat unrelated.

8. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

Maybe get a size up and get them tailored to your liking? Nothing wrong with tighter clothing but I do come from NY where that is pretty common haha!

9. Juturna

Juturna New Member

=P Yeah most people don't care around here either. However, there are still some traditional folk that tend to give me a hard time. Especially when you have a traditional southern family.

10. Nothclif

Nothclif Member

Fellow skinny jean wearer here.

I don't have a great answer either, I have a xd9sc in a cb supertuck and it works for some of my jeans while the others no amount of gut-sucking will get them to fit in the waist. So either size up one, OC, or walk around in pain :)

11. Priest

Priest New Member

shoulder rig and an open front hoodie?

12. Juturna

Juturna New Member

It was hard to conceal with a larger jacket. However, keep the ideas coming!
    So far I'm up for the Skinny Jeans with elastic waste. I think I have a pair like that. It's not THAT elastic but it may do. Sadly, I can't test any of these because everything is packed!

13. XshootX

XshootX New Member

Juturna, assuming you're a female, we need pics to help you make this decision. Preferably several angles, with and without skinny jeans. :mrgreen:

If you're a male, I can't help ya. :shattered:

14. 69953

69953 Guest

I'm a musician, and always wore pretty fitted clothing, but gradually moved away from the skinnier jeans as I started carrying. I found I could carry IWB at 5:30-6:00 with my regular sized jeans, but eventually tried going up a size in the waist and found I could carry comfortably in the 3-4 position comfortably, which I've found conceals better. Jeans that sit below the waist don't leave as much room, or give as much support, for IWB carry, in my experience. To better accommodate concealed carry, I've started wearing large shirts instead of medium, and went up an inch in my waistband.
    You might consider altering your wardrobe slightly, with a fitted, but more classic cut jean like a Levi's 501.

15. Juturna

Juturna New Member

I'm a male.. Just figured the females would have mote expirence wiih this issue. I'm tiny and I highly doubt there are a lot of males here that wear skinny jeans. What? 2 1/2 of us? Lol

16. MyFred

MyFred Banned

skinny here too...30" waist at 135 lbs. Don't wear jeans too tight like I did when I was younger....pineter got really big (really...I mean big) and gets squished...:) I don't try real hard to conceal because it's just too hard and really is an art to do. So I just carry a Sig P228 in a Blackhawk Serpa OWB and a tee shirt tucked in to keep the sweat from the gun. In warm weather, I keep the tee shirt untucked with the gun exposed...just to keep the gun from my skin. I pull the shirt over the gun when I feel like lazy conceal. That way everybody thinks I got a brick on my belt....:)

17. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

For an old fart like me, I just carry OWB and pull my shirt over it if it prints it prints. For times where concealment is necessary I wear IWB with shirt of jack over it works well. That's all I've got. BTW I wouldn't skinny jeans if you hit me with em :mrgreen:

18. cpelliott

cpelliott New Member

I predict a future topic about men concealing while wearing jeggings.