Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metal detectors in operation at all gates, beeping for almost every passer. Wands and small item trays present, but not observed being used. When the detector goes off, you are asked to empty your pockets. Produce a set of keys or anything metal, and you are waved on. No rechecks happening at 11am.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We went two or three times last year, always the same. let it beep, produce some keys, shrug apologetically, go in.

The last time I went I accidentally pulled my pocket knife out with my keys. they refused me, I went around the corner, put my knife in a different pocket, and repeated the process with no questions asked. Absolutely no possible way I was gone long enough to go to my car, and they had to know that.

·
Registered
841 Posts
When I went through the security guy asked me if I had any guns/knives and I said something like "I am good" and he did not even wand me. I did NOT have to go through metal detector, but they did take a quick look through our bag. I carried a small .380 and secured it in a zippered cargo pocket while in park, and moved to front pocket before we left for the parking lot.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
My "needs to be hidden" as if in Florida EDC has gone to a small 380 that in a belt case that looks like a fancy HAL 9002 computer pouch.

Would that be opened and inspected or would that be enough to get past the gate?

Nemo

·
Registered
841 Posts
My "needs to be hidden" as if in Florida EDC has gone to a small 380 that in a belt case that looks like a fancy HAL 9002 computer pouch.

Would that be opened and inspected or would that be enough to get past the gate?

Nemo
I think you would be fine with that.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Man all you guys are doing it wrong. Go get the Mr. T starter kit and you can go thru with anything since all your bling will set it off.

Actually was there a month ago and just put my keys in same pocket as my DB9, beep, showed the keys and walked in.

·
Love Obama?
1,883 Posts
These same people that would avoid a local business if they have signs, but hypocrite as some are,you all find ways to carry and still spend money there ...... Hummmmm

·
Registered
706 Posts
Signs don't stop me from carrying. If they choose to enforce the signs then I won't do business with them. Risk I take sure but life's all about choices.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whitewater is exactly the same. I buzzed, he asked about metal, I produced a phone and was waived on. All bags are searched for contraband.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to six flags today. Was screened repeatedly, asked to empty, then turn out pockets, lift shirt, turn around. He finally decided it was the metal belt buckle I kept pointing at. ;)

First time I have actually been screened at Six Flags.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
That belt buckle is a good decoy for what you could hide behind it, or on your ankle. ;-)

If you used your gun there to save lives, I wonder if they would change their rules?

Went to six flags today. Was screened repeatedly, asked to empty, then turn out pockets, lift shirt, turn around. He finally decided it was the metal belt buckle I kept pointing at. ;)

First time I have actually been screened at Six Flags.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
legally, you're not committing any crime by bringing a gun to a private business establishment in violation of a no-guns rule.

If you sneak your own licorice and M&M's into the movie theater, have you committed a crime? No. You broke their rules. If they find out, they can throw you out of the facility. But it's not a crime.

EVEN IF you actually broke a state gun law and this became known when you pulled your gun on a bad guy (or used it), that doesn't mean you lose the legal defenses found in the self-defense or defense of others laws on justification.

You have "immunity" from prosecution, not just a defense to it, if you used your gun legally under the defense justification laws EVEN IF you violated some gun law that is found in "Part 3" (carrying firearms) of Article 4 (dangerous things or acts) of Chapter 11 (crimes against public safety) of Title 16 (crimes).

However, if you were violating a Georgia gun control law about machine-guns or silencers or bombs when you used your homemade unregistered bazooka to blow up the getaway car of that robbing crew, THEN you'd lose immunity, since the law on bazookas is actually in "Part 2: possession of dangerous weapons" rather than Part 3.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
legally, you're not committing any crime by bringing a gun to a private business establishment in violation of a no-guns rule.

If you sneak your own licorice and M&M's into the movie theater, have you committed a crime? No. You broke their rules. If they find out, they can throw you out of the facility. But it's not a crime.
bad example, as when i was younger (but still of age) I was arrested for trying to sneak beer into a movie theater. I broke no laws, only the rules of the private establishment. still spent a night in jail, Bail money, and a day in court to be told my case was dismissed.

not saying that what happened to me in the norm, but it does happen and should be taken into account that even though it should work one way, it doesn't always.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
true, you could be arrested unlawfully.
There are some dumb cops who don't know the law or the limits of their authority.

And when it comes to alcohol, there may have been some local ordinance about drinking in public or drinking at a private facility not licensed for consumption of alcohol.

Unlike guns, cities and counties are totally free to regulate the heck out of alcoholic beverages. And they do. They can arrest people for local code violations even if the activity in question isn't a violation of state law. Most types of crimes have no state-level preemption the way gun laws do.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
true, you could be arrested unlawfully.
There are some dumb cops who don't know the law or the limits of their authority.

And when it comes to alcohol, there may have been some local ordinance about drinking in public or drinking at a private facility not licensed for consumption of alcohol.

Unlike guns, cities and counties are totally free to regulate the heck out of alcoholic beverages. And they do. They can arrest people for local code violations even if the activity in question isn't a violation of state law. Most types of crimes have no state-level preemption the way gun laws do.
it was unopened beer (2 bottles) and i was of age (21). it was a unlawful arrest and unfortunately it can happen. Disorderly Conduct is kind of a catch all.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts