Six Flags

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by wsweeks2, Jul 10, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I read that they will give you a place to store your weapon. My questions is, has anyone done it, how is it secured, and is it something you can trust?

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

After recent events I am very curious as well. I wonder what policy change it may create, if any. Seems eyes are on that place pretty hard core. I hope we find out some more details on what happened.

Thats a wierd part of town.

3. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

My company is having their summer event there this weekend and I am curious as to what I can get away with and what I can't.

4. tace

tace New Member

I used to hang out with one of their PR managers, perhaps I'll ask her.

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

If she asks who it is that will have a gun there, tell her his name is M.P.

:wink:

6. tace

tace New Member

With pleasure ;)

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Thing is, I can totally understand their "no firearms" policy, not even based on the fact that they're afraid of gun crime, but for safety issues.

As much stuff as falls out of people's pockets on rides, do they really want a handgun flying out of a holster and entering a ballistic arc towards someone's head?

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

If it were secure it wouldn't come flying out. That would be the fault of the gun owner.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

True and besides, I don't think "it falling out of the holster" was the original intention of the rule.

10. gsusnake

Well, they do claim to be "family oriented".

They kicked myself and one of my exes out one time for making out in the line for the Cyclone.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Pfft, family oriented my ass.

12. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I have been wonder i haven't been down there in a while but with the incident that happend there recently i was wondering as well. If you were riding ride i would say a pocket revolver in your front pocket would be best...if your wearing blue jeans it would be pretty snug.

13. gsusnake

And don't forget the metal detectors at the entrance.

Unless you're carrying your trusty Glock 7, I don't see how it'd be possible to get a gun in... the detector keyed on the foil in my cigarette pack last time.

14. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Public Gathering?

So are we assuming that the "public gathering" law does not apply to Six Flags over Georgia, and that the only thing that might prohibit packing a pistol there is a company policy or rule?

I would not make such an assumption, given how vague the public gathering clause is, and how little caselaw we have defining it (even less if you only want to consider cases decided since Georgia's last major change in our carry law in 1976.)

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Re: Public Gathering?

Well, you are paying to get in.... The OP was about storing the weapon while you're in the park.

16. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

They did for me back in '98. I just asked the security guard at the gate if I could leave my Browning 9mm in the office till ready to leave. They gave me some kind of ticket (like a coat check), and I picked it up when I left at closing.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Interesting...I wonder if it still works the same way now...

18. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I did it last year with a can of OC and a knife.