Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that they will give you a place to store your weapon. My questions is, has anyone done it, how is it secured, and is it something you can trust?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
After recent events I am very curious as well. I wonder what policy change it may create, if any. Seems eyes are on that place pretty hard core. I hope we find out some more details on what happened.

Thats a wierd part of town.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My company is having their summer event there this weekend and I am curious as to what I can get away with and what I can't.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I used to hang out with one of their PR managers, perhaps I'll ask her.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tace said:
If she asks who it is that will have a gun there, tell her his name is M.P.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
tace said:
If she asks who it is that will have a gun there, tell her his name is M.P.

:wink:
With pleasure ;)

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Thing is, I can totally understand their "no firearms" policy, not even based on the fact that they're afraid of gun crime, but for safety issues.

As much stuff as falls out of people's pockets on rides, do they really want a handgun flying out of a holster and entering a ballistic arc towards someone's head?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gsusnake said:
Thing is, I can totally understand their "no firearms" policy, not even based on the fact that they're afraid of gun crime, but for safety issues.

As much stuff as falls out of people's pockets on rides, do they really want a handgun flying out of a holster and entering a ballistic arc towards someone's head?
If it were secure it wouldn't come flying out. That would be the fault of the gun owner.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
gsusnake said:

If it were secure it wouldn't come flying out. That would be the fault of the gun owner.
True and besides, I don't think "it falling out of the holster" was the original intention of the rule.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
wsweeks2 said:
gsusnake said:

True and besides, I don't think "it falling out of the holster" was the original intention of the rule.
Well, they do claim to be "family oriented".

They kicked myself and one of my exes out one time for making out in the line for the Cyclone.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:
ptsmith24 said:
wsweeks2 said:
gsusnake said:

Well, they do claim to be "family oriented".

They kicked myself and one of my exes out one time for making out in the line for the Cyclone.
Pfft, family oriented my ass.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have been wonder i haven't been down there in a while but with the incident that happend there recently i was wondering as well. If you were riding ride i would say a pocket revolver in your front pocket would be best...if your wearing blue jeans it would be pretty snug.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
And don't forget the metal detectors at the entrance.

Unless you're carrying your trusty Glock 7, I don't see how it'd be possible to get a gun in... the detector keyed on the foil in my cigarette pack last time.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,139 Posts
Public Gathering?

So are we assuming that the "public gathering" law does not apply to Six Flags over Georgia, and that the only thing that might prohibit packing a pistol there is a company policy or rule?

I would not make such an assumption, given how vague the public gathering clause is, and how little caselaw we have defining it (even less if you only want to consider cases decided since Georgia's last major change in our carry law in 1976.)

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Re: Public Gathering?

gunsmoker said:
So are we assuming that the "public gathering" law does not apply to Six Flags over Georgia, and that the only thing that might prohibit packing a pistol there is a company policy or rule?

I would not make such an assumption, given how vague the public gathering clause is, and how little caselaw we have defining it (even less if you only want to consider cases decided since Georgia's last major change in our carry law in 1976.)
Well, you are paying to get in.... The OP was about storing the weapon while you're in the park.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
I read that they will give you a place to store your weapon. My questions is, has anyone done it, how is it secured, and is it something you can trust?
They did for me back in '98. I just asked the security guard at the gate if I could leave my Browning 9mm in the office till ready to leave. They gave me some kind of ticket (like a coat check), and I picked it up when I left at closing.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
triggerman357 said:
wsweeks2 said:
They did for me back in '98. I just asked the security guard at the gate if I could leave my Browning 9mm in the office till ready to leave. They gave me some kind of ticket (like a coat check), and I picked it up when I left at closing.
Interesting...I wonder if it still works the same way now...

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I did it last year with a can of OC and a knife.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts