Six Flags - Security?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Phil1979, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I was at Six Flags recently, and was carrying a gun-style fanny pack (but had no firearms on me). It was just a place to place some things for my bride who didn't bring her purse.

I walked through the metal detector, and they looked inside the pack and waved me through. After going in the park, another guard stopped me to take a look in it.

In both cases I could have been carrying under my shirt or in an ankle holster. I was not required to remove any items to go back through the metal dectector.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Would they not have check more if you set off the detector?

3. Phil1979

Two sets of keys, belt buckle, and cell phone did set it off. :)

4. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

It does not take much to set off the metal detector there. Ankle holster or not. Attempt to enter and you will get caught. Many of the security team are Cobb county sheriff or police. Mess with them and you will go to jail. Bring a non metallic knife if it makes you feel better.

5. Phil1979

Yes, but my point was, I could have carried there at that time and would not have gotten caught, as I did set it off, and they didn't make me go through again. I was not asked to remove anything.

I'm not advocating trying to beat their system, just showing everyone the holes in it. Now of course, if someone from Six Flags reads this, they may plug the holes.

6. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

I went spring of '09 and also '08 with family in tow - carried a Glock both times. Security checked my fanny pack in '08 and then let me in, since there was no gun in it. Last spring, I went in and there was only one security guard; I had a small backpack and he never gave me a second look, but someone else got his attention and he checked on him. Methinks they profile and I didn't match the profile.

7. Phil1979

Me thinks you may be right. :)

I don't match any looked for profiles either - at least not the criteria used now. But who knows, profile criteria may change any time at profilers' whim.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

By "mess with them" do you mean try to carry a gun in?

Even if you did why would you go to jail? :?

9. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I last went in '01

the crowd was scary, happy to leave the place

guess they upped the security a lot since then

10. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

No by 'mess' I mean do something stupid or try to force your way in and telling them to :censored: off or something of that nature. It is private property and their rules are enforced. They will ask you to put the weapon in your car and return for entry. Refuse and the old crim trespass law will be enforced.

11. Deek

Deek Active Member

Went last year. My Leatherman Fuse set off the alarm (didn't think it would be an issue). The guard asked me if I had anything that I knew about that would have set it off. I said sure and showed him the multi-tool. He opened in and admitted that it was pretty harmless as far as weapon potential. Still had to exit and put it in the car. I reentered a different entrance, the one where you're allowed to go if you have a hand stamp. The two young girls working that one didn't even check my stamp, or wand me when my boots set off the metal detector.

12. yxhpxfw

yxhpxfw New Member

I was carrying a leatherman multi-function tool the last time I took my son. It set the metal detector off; however, they were so involved with the kids in front of me, I just kept on going....