Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Six Flags recently, and was carrying a gun-style fanny pack (but had no firearms on me). It was just a place to place some things for my bride who didn't bring her purse.

I walked through the metal detector, and they looked inside the pack and waved me through. After going in the park, another guard stopped me to take a look in it.

In both cases I could have been carrying under my shirt or in an ankle holster. I was not required to remove any items to go back through the metal dectector.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
Phil1979 said:
I was at Six Flags recently, and was carrying a gun-style fanny pack (but had no firearms on me). It was just a place to place some things for my bride who didn't bring her purse.

I walked through the metal detector, and they looked inside the pack and waved me through. After going in the park, another guard stopped me to take a look in it.

In both cases I could have been carrying under my shirt or in an ankle holster. I was not required to remove any items to go back through the metal dectector.
Would they not have check more if you set off the detector?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam5 said:
Phil1979 said:

Would they not have check more if you set off the detector?
Two sets of keys, belt buckle, and cell phone did set it off. :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
It does not take much to set off the metal detector there. Ankle holster or not. Attempt to enter and you will get caught. Many of the security team are Cobb county sheriff or police. Mess with them and you will go to jail. Bring a non metallic knife if it makes you feel better.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Puffyfish said:
It does not take much to set off the metal detector there. Ankle holster or not. Attempt to enter and you will get caught. Many of the security team are Cobb county sheriff or police. Mess with them and you will go to jail. Bring a non metallic knife if it makes you feel better.
Yes, but my point was, I could have carried there at that time and would not have gotten caught, as I did set it off, and they didn't make me go through again. I was not asked to remove anything.

I'm not advocating trying to beat their system, just showing everyone the holes in it. Now of course, if someone from Six Flags reads this, they may plug the holes.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I went spring of '09 and also '08 with family in tow - carried a Glock both times. Security checked my fanny pack in '08 and then let me in, since there was no gun in it. Last spring, I went in and there was only one security guard; I had a small backpack and he never gave me a second look, but someone else got his attention and he checked on him. Methinks they profile and I didn't match the profile.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GooberTim said:
I went spring of '09 and also '08 with family in tow - carried a Glock both times. Security checked my fanny pack in '08 and then let me in, since there was no gun in it. Last spring, I went in and there was only one security guard; I had a small backpack and he never gave me a second look, but someone else got his attention and he checked on him. Methinks they profile and I didn't match the profile.
Me thinks you may be right. :)

I don't match any looked for profiles either - at least not the criteria used now. But who knows, profile criteria may change any time at profilers' whim.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Puffyfish said:
Mess with them and you will go to jail.
By "mess with them" do you mean try to carry a gun in?

Even if you did why would you go to jail? :?

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
I last went in '01

the crowd was scary, happy to leave the place

guess they upped the security a lot since then

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Puffyfish said:
Mess with them and you will go to jail.
By "mess with them" do you mean try to carry a gun in?

Even if you did why would you go to jail? :?
No by 'mess' I mean do something stupid or try to force your way in and telling them to :censored: off or something of that nature. It is private property and their rules are enforced. They will ask you to put the weapon in your car and return for entry. Refuse and the old crim trespass law will be enforced.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Went last year. My Leatherman Fuse set off the alarm (didn't think it would be an issue). The guard asked me if I had anything that I knew about that would have set it off. I said sure and showed him the multi-tool. He opened in and admitted that it was pretty harmless as far as weapon potential. Still had to exit and put it in the car. I reentered a different entrance, the one where you're allowed to go if you have a hand stamp. The two young girls working that one didn't even check my stamp, or wand me when my boots set off the metal detector.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was carrying a leatherman multi-function tool the last time I took my son. It set the metal detector off; however, they were so involved with the kids in front of me, I just kept on going....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts