Situational awareness: gang colors

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Nov 3, 2010.

1. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

You can tell that I don't get out to gangland much but just curious.

Is there a guide to current gang colors and how they are worn in the Atlanta Metro area ?

If these guys are going to label themselves I should at least pay attention.

2. politenessman

politenessman Active Member

Colors are not so prominent any more. The gangs have figured out that law enforcement agencies are also looking at their gang colors, so they are starting to identify themselves in other ways - shoe brand is one I believe.

3. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

Not giving up my New Balance. Mark me as a member of the aging, balding, overweight, family-man gang. Yo.

4. samman23

samman23 New Member

I look for tattoos and how they carry themselves. some of the common places are around the eyes, face, neck, arms.

5. moga

moga New Member

Colors of clothing and other symbols change so often that its useless to attempt to memorize all the permutations. I also rely more heavily on tats and/or clothing in tandem with behavior and speech patterns to discern who is who. Gang members want the whole world to know of their affiliation after all, which makes it relatively easy to pick them out.

6. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

It is more a combination of indicators to look for nowadays, including mannerisms, tatoos, signs and:
    - clothing color
    - designer names
    - sport teams
    - clothing manufacturers
    - how the clothing is oriented and worn
    - etc.

You would be surprised how much you can find out simply by using Google. Gangbangers are notorious for posting pictures of themselves in full regalia, along with other members of their gang, on the Internet. So browse around Facebook, MySpace, etc., you will be surprised what you can learn.

I remember a case that was made in part due to the photographs the banger had taken of himself standing over the body of a rival gang member, while holding the murder weapon across his chest, and FaceBook did a nice job of time stamping the post, with a couple of hours of the estimated time of death. He was gracious enough to proudly post that on FaceBook for everyone to see. :screwy:

They looked really great during his trial.

7. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

If you see people dressed like this:

[​IMG]

You know you're in trouble..

8. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

I am dating myself if I can recognize all of those actors by face? The only one that made me pause for half a tic was C. Thomas Howell. The other six were instant. God I feel old. :oldtimer:

9. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

I'll say. For one thing, I've fallen through a hole in time and space, and am trapped in an alternate universe in which it is 1983, and Tom Cruise and Ralph Macchio are considered tough, and Jerry Brown is the governor of California.

Oh, :cantsay: !

10. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

11. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Ponyboy: Nature's first green is gold, / Her hardest hue to hold. / Her early leaf's a flower, / But only so an hour. / Then leaf subsides to leaf, / So Eden sank to grief. / So dawn goes down to day, / Nothing gold can stay.
    Johnny: Where did you learn that? That's what I meant.
    Ponyboy: Robert Frost wrote it. I always remembered it because I never quite knew what he meant.

Johnny: [his last lines] Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.

12. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

Gahd! I hate to say but it was a great book, and the movie wasn't too bad either.

13. EmergencyNrse

EmergencyNrse Member

Do I have to get rid of my Mickey Mouse T-shirt?
    I don't want to be confused with gang members...