·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
site's been really slow lately.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
Yeah, its my fault with all my stupid posts!

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
phaed said:
site's been really slow lately.
+1

A lot of the time it isn't working or it crashes in the middle of the post.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
When I logged in during the slowdown, the search index was running and using up resources. I think I had let the search's delta index get too big. I merged it with the main index so that the delta index can start clean.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Search was going overtime because everyone was using the "view active topics" button like mad. With so many active topic on 308 spread across several sub forums, it would be the only logical way to keep up. Add on top of that the people searching for specific references of what had been before and what is now... and I am actually surprised it held up as well as it did.

BTW, to Matt and the moderators.... I appreciate the work you do to keep it up and going.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
When I logged in during the slowdown, the search index was running and using up resources. I think I had let the search's delta index get too big. I merged it with the main index so that the delta index can start clean.
Showoff.

:D

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Only a couple threads here have had a new post or comment added in the last 24 hours.

In constrast, over at the O.D.T., they have 5 pages of "new" content all created in just the last 20 minutes!
One day, one 24-hour period over there, sees thousands of new posts across a hundred new threads and another hundred or so older ones getting new comments.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Only a couple threads here have had a new post or comment added in the last 24 hours.

In constrast, over at the O.D.T., they have 5 pages of "new" content all created in just the last 20 minutes!
One day, one 24-hour period over there, sees thousands of new posts across a hundred new threads and another hundred or so older ones getting new comments.
When I look at ODT though, almost everything is FS/ FT. There are relatively few posts that are not sell/ trade. I just checked and out of 479 new posts that showed up, only 38 of them were not related to selling items.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Besides the ODT's classifieds, which are always quite busy, who cares? Many of their responses to that thread about the elimination of Georgia's citizen arrest statutes speaks highly of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts