Sit back, put your feet up, and soak up the stupid

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Boy Racer, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Comcast has a message board like this one. Except all manner of people hang out on it. This thread caught my eye. It's scary the perceptions people (sheeple?) have, scarier that they make life decisions based on those perceptions, and scariest that they vote their respective consciences. :shock:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock:

edit: That thread makes my head hurt. I'm not reading any more of it. Got through the first few pages, though.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I quit reading right after "..if they were necessary the Doctor would've handed you one right after birth." THERE, my friends, is a person that is ferverent in their desire for an authority figure, Any authority figure to take care of them from cradle to grave.

4. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

:puke:
    I Love all the references to "Statistics" that are never quite quantified

5. Taler

Taler New Member

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

That thread is full of all kinds of stupid.

7. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Ghey...

I love the argument, "Have you ever had to defend yourself or ever have an intruder break into your home?"

What does that matter? Do businesses or home owners need to suffer a crime before they decide to use a security system?

8. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

By the same logic you could say "Has anyone ever came into your house uninvited, if not, why lock the door"

9. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I hope I never have to defend my life or property, but I am I prepared for this event.

I love the argument that "a dog can protect you, why have a gun?". If your attacker is determined, the dog will only buy you some time. I know this may not set well with pet owners. Sorry...

10. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I thought the same thing: that poor lady. What's gonna happen to her family after Marmaduke gets shot?

11. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I don't think that'll be a problem...

Yep, bounce right off them...

OK, I <strike>know</strike> think that's not what she really meant, but it is funny

12. tace

tace New Member

Was that person talking about condoms? :lol:

13. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Have faith...there were some logical passionate pro-gun posts amongst the drivel.

14. tace

tace New Member

Then there are few ppl like this who get at least part of the point. I do understand what he is saying in that where I lived before I moved into Atlanta, I never felt the need to own a gun. Of course now that I own them, even if I moved to a much safer place I would sleep a whole lot better having one (or more) in the house.

15. merlock

merlock Active Member

I made it thru 1 page. :shakehead:

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I couldn't stop at just one page. The suspense of how stupid people would get was killing me.

17. merlock

merlock Active Member

:pointlol:

18. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Kind of like seeing a train derailment, you just gotta keep lookin.

Issued at birth,,, look at the name,, sunnyside with a winking cat, comifornia maybe.

I have comcast so in some way I am paying for these ppl with no true idea to expand on those same unfounded ideas. :banghead:

19. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I am thinking about registering and advertising and maybe stir the pot just a little bit.

20. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Do it, do it, do it... </peer_pressure>