Sister's home broken into Winterville GA

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by johnski, Jun 8, 2016.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Right next to Athens. Front door kicked in, lots of stuff stolen. The usual TVs, computer, brother in law's camera collection, fire safes broken into, took the firesafe they couldnt get into that held their wedding photos.

Both work-at-college forever liberals both refuse to ever have a gun in the house. Luckily they were both at work.

Guns are bad, this would never happen to us, we'll just call the police, yadda yadda.

2. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this, but maybe it will change their mind.

3. johnski

Doubtful. her response to me saying they should get something for protection like a shotgun was "well we weren't home when it happened".

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Suppose you were home when he decided to come on in?

Nemo

5. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Or worse, come home to be surprised by someone in your house.

Az

6. johnski

Oh I know but their liberal attitude is "well we werent home and it will never happen when we are home".... and "we'll just call the police"....

I've tried to convince them/explain to them but it is no use.

7. Dan

Dan Cumberland County, Maine

Then that's all you can do. I hope it doesn't happen again.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I suppose if it happens to them outside the home, they also have a plan - "We'll just give them what they want, and they'll let us go."

9. johnski

Phil, yep. She's led a sheltered life. Grew up on military bases, worked at uga library for about 20 years. Her husband is a grad uga art major i think he has a masters... never worked outside the university. Cant help those who are so set in the liberal ideology.

10. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

What does one do with an art degree? There are only so many art teaching jobs.

11. tsangster

tsangster Member

Can you give general vicinity? Don't want an address but Winterville isn't that big so anywhere would be right around the corner from me. Fortunately there's often a Winterville LEO sitting in front of my house, patrolling the local motor speedway when I'm not home.

12. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

They will find out one of the true purposes of police: to fill out the reports after the crime. For insurance.

13. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Get her the book, "In the Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob.

I read it many years ago and was shocked at what criminals had done to female victims. There is some gritty stuff in there.

14. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

fire safes

Fire safes are rather poor security.
    They're light, when empty. Only maybe 60 lbs.
    They're made of very thin steel covering what is basically drywall material.
    Those "thick" walls are 95% insulation with just a thin layer of metal on each side.
    I broke into one in 2 minutes with a hammer, a small chisel, and a small (18" ) prybar.

15. phaed

phaed Active Member

yep. criminals...changing hoplophobes minds since, always.

16. redraif

redraif Member

We were broke into back in 2012. They broke through a glass door in our bedroom. I had not bought a firearm prior to the break in due to finances. My spouse had one, but not me. What made me immediately go out and purchase one was this:

The day before at the same time of day I was home sick in bed with a migraine. So one day different and I would have been there. As the rumblings went, a crew that match their description, broke into a house a few days later, surprised the homeowner and shot him.

Yeah I was not going to be unarmed any longer!

Maybe they need t think about that...

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's a pretty good response. Having a shotgun just would have meant bad guys out there with a stolen shotgun.

18. johnski

Great news! My sister and brother in law are holding a "cleansing party" this weekend. Not sure she is really related to me lol. Should be quite a few university liberals there. Maybe i should show up with my ar strapped across my back.... lol

19. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Might as well bring the AR, after all, you know they've been broken into before. The robbers didn't find evidence of guns in the home. So the criminals could assume that the homeowner and their friends would be unarmed. Maybe they will come back for a home invasion during a party where they can collect more loot.

20. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

That's why in the UK home invasions are so much higher than just break-ins like here. Unarmed residents are then forced to give up jewelry, cash, location of valuables, combo to the safe and pretty much do whatever they're told.