Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the sale of of my 1911 I got a brand new Armscor MAPP1 MS - and just like when I owned my EAA Witness the holster market is non-existant.

Now, stretching leather is fairly easy - but I would like to modify a Blackhawk Serpa and possibly a Fobus Tactical Holster (allows light/laser mounts) to fit my new pistol.

Alot of websites that sell CZ-75 also lump them in with Sig 229 and similar models, Im just looking for feedback.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Try a Sig holster. Yuo may need to bring it to someine whi can do a custom molded holster from your gun.

Zookeper from this forum did a great job on some leather from my SP-01 Phantom.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes custom leather is an easy remedy - my specifical dilema is that fobus and blackhawk holsters are pretty much plastic.

If I can get one that fits a weapon ever so slightly smaller than mine, a little sanding and some leather inserts will make me a custom holster.

Im really focused on a Level 2 Blackhawk Duty holster for the "low-ride" benefit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm going through this same problem right now. I just bought a CZ-75B and found the holster market pretty much non-existent. Found a few Kydex holsters, but I want leather and to top it off, I'm a lefty.

I've pretty much accepted the fact that I will have to have a custom holster made for it. It's not the money that bothers me so much as the wait time. Looks like I can get a decent custom holster for only $35-40 more than what I paid for my leather Blackhawk for my XD.

I'll probably be emailing Zookeeper or Ryan in the next few days once I decide what I want. Unless anybody has any suggestions for a pre-made holster that will fit the CZ-75B, leather and for a lefty. :lol:

Good luck, let us know what you end up doing and if you find a fit.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
DJGibb said:
With the sale of of my 1911 I got a brand new Armscor MAPP1 MS - and just like when I owned my EAA Witness the holster market is non-existant.

Now, stretching leather is fairly easy - but I would like to modify a Blackhawk Serpa and possibly a Fobus Tactical Holster (allows light/laser mounts) to fit my new pistol.

Alot of websites that sell CZ-75 also lump them in with Sig 229 and similar models, Im just looking for feedback.

thats going to be tough. I use a holster meant for glocks for my witness.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is what I used with my Witness P Compact .45 - a Glock holster stretched out via the grocery bag method.

There is a youtube video of a guy who modified a Blackhawk Serpa to fit his witness, but never went into detail on which model he used as a starting point.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
score69 said:
I'll probably be emailing Zookeeper or Ryan in the next few days once I decide what I want. Unless anybody has any suggestions for a pre-made holster that will fit the CZ-75B, leather and for a lefty.
You can't go wrong with either one.

I have used one of Ryan's holsters in the past and Zookeper did the leather that I'm wearing as I type for my CZ SP-01 Phantom. My Zookeper is a basic pancake style and he did it in a week. :righton:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts