Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Professional Troll
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
If they allow guns on the SCT and you shoot someone who didn't deserve to be shot
Oh and like every person a cop shoots deserves to be shot? :roll:

Ofcourse cops never makes mistakes nor do they ever do anything wrong :shakehead:

This kind of banter fodder is one major reason that I don't care to work in LE again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
I think its kind of funny that anit-gunners make assertions that imply that LEOs possess some supernatural ability when it comes to firearms. But when some "incident" happens involving LEOs, many of the same people are the first to question judgement and/or presume wrong doing on the part of LEOs. Hippocracy.... :shakehead:

At least I'm consistent; I always maintain a healthy disbelief in the effectiveness of government. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
So I'm headed to the SCT tomorrow with my soon-to-be... and I still don't know if I can carry my .357 or not. I guess concealed means concealed. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
Boy Racer said:
So I'm headed to the SCT tomorrow with my soon-to-be... and I still don't know if I can carry my .357 or not. I guess concealed means concealed. :roll:
The short version is
1. We could not find a state law that applied; so it is legal.
2. Cities and Counties are not allowed to pass laws to make it illegal.
3. Path is not empowered to make laws.

Basically its a big sidewalk, just like any other.
That does not mean you can't run into someone with a badge who doesn't understand the law.
:ianal:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
UNLESS...you are cycling near Rockmart/Coots Lake area, be careful because I believe the trail crosses into and out of a Wildlife Management Area, which is off limits.

However, I agree that concealed is concealed. Not that I'm condoning carrying in an off limits place, but how can one argue that concealed is...indeed...concealed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
I suspect that the trail which is owned by the DOT is not part of the WMA. It may pass through the WMA just like a road can pass through a WMA. That does not necessarily make it part of the WMA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
ber950 said:
I suspect that the trail which is owned by the DOT is not part of the WMA. It may pass through the WMA just like a road can pass through a WMA. That does not necessarily make it part of the WMA.
Y'know, we're hanging our hats on that 'owned by the DOT' phrase. We don't really know what rights and privileges were afforded to the developers/operators of the SCT. If they (GDOT) some how transferred via lease agreement all rights and privileges of the land unto the d/o's, then they (the d/o's) may well be entitled to prohibit carry.

Or at least I know I'm not wealthy enough to argue my point, and associated appeals, thru the county, district and state court system after my arrest.

C means C! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Oh, sorry... forgot to add:



"...from the top of the dressa' with a Yokozuna smash!"

Much Clown Love! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
pro2am said:
I don't disagree, but it makes a good reason make sure concealed is concealed.
:righton: I agree. I don't open carry so I don't think that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
Boy Racer said:
We don't really know what rights and privileges were afforded to the developers/operators of the SCT. If they (GDOT) some how transferred via lease agreement all rights and privileges of the land unto the d/o's, then they (the d/o's) may well be entitled to prohibit carry..

C means C! 8)
Even if they owned the land their sign would not have force of law. However, if I ever travel the SCT I will carry concealed, but I carry that way anyway.
 

·
Professional Troll
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
Boy Racer said:
[quote="ICP_Juggalo":3mq1cbd0]
Oh, sorry... forgot to add:



"...from the top of the dressa' with a Yokozuna smash!"

Much Clown Love! :D[/quote:3mq1cbd0]

Hahaha MCL indeed, ninja!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Someone call Boortz and lets get this more coverage. My wife and I plan to start using the SCT with our kids (3 1/2 and 1 /2) I will be packing wether I am legal or not. But I would much rather "know" whether I am or am not.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,118 Posts
Towedjmpr said:
Someone call Boortz and lets get this more coverage. My wife and I plan to start using the SCT with our kids (3 1/2 and 1 /2) I will be packing wether I am legal or not. But I would much rather "know" whether I am or am not.
What charge are you afraid of violating?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Towedjmpr said:
Someone call Boortz and lets get this more coverage. My wife and I plan to start using the SCT with our kids (3 1/2 and 1 /2) I will be packing wether I am legal or not. But I would much rather "know" whether I am or am not.
What charge are you afraid of violating?
I'm not.
 
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Top