Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
68,118 Posts

·
68,118 Posts
38 views.

Quite a lot of traffic for a bicycle trail forum.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I wouldn't be suprized if half those views come from people clicking the link from this site.

I looked at it earlyer, but now I can't get it to work. When I click the link it says "System Error" ... "The post you selected no longer exists. It may have been recently deleted" They may have canked your thread.

·
68,118 Posts
The section is called "this and that" and no longer shows the number of views.

There are only three other threads there.

Good Bean Dip Recipe.

Neat Site

Old But Still Funny

I find this behavior very strange. If you read my posts, I am very polite and even try to keep things narrow and on track.

·
68,118 Posts
So far, the thread is just full of helpful information, like this post (and this seems to be the only pro-gun guy on the whole board):

The trail is posted "No Firearms". That supersedes any regular GA concealed permit.

My understanding is that law enforcement officers are exempt and can carry almost everywhere except courtrooms, jails and airports, even when off duty.

If you carry a gun on the SCT, you are breaking the law. Period. It is a bad law IMHO, but it is the law nonetheless.

:roll:

·
Professional Troll
2,113 Posts
MP, perhaps you need to drop a link to this site on that thread. It looks as if most the people, even the pro-gun ones, don't know the law from the hole in the ground..

·
68,118 Posts
Under the post that said it was moved to the bean dip section (where only 3 other posts have been banished in the entire history of the forum), I posted:

To the people who participate more frequently here, did I do something wrong to get thrown into a section with only three other threads, one of which is a bean dip recipe?

I thought the post was very civil and very relevant for people using the Silver Comet Trail.

Did I violate some forum rule?

Strange way to welcome a new participant

They deleted that and then locked the thread so I could not post to it at all!

You will recall that what drew me to this forum in the first place was their discussion of safety and the recent murder on the trail and people's discussion of the gun issue within that thread?

:?

·
Sledgehammer
4,690 Posts
In the AJC article on the murder this morning (sorry, I read the print edition so I don't have a link), a man is quoted as saying from now on, women will have to "walk together in a pack."

I think the AJC misquoted him, and that he really said they will have to "walk together and pack."

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think the AJC misquoted him, and that he really said they will have to "walk together and pack."
i'm with you. i, also think that's what he was trying to say.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
jrm said:
When live hands you lemons....

So, make the bean dip and see how it tastes!
I like Ron White's version,
When life hands you lemons....

find someone whose life has given them vodka and have a party.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
They deleted that and then locked the thread so I could not post to it at all!
They saw through all that fancy lawyer talk and knew you are really just a trouble maker. :wink:

Seriously though, if they were really interested in promoting their site they would welcome posts that created traffic.

I like the last message posted on that thread:

MP,
I am the responsible party for relocating your topic.
It was not a slam dunk to the basement, but an attempt not to distract from the situation regarding Ms. Ewing.

:bsflag:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Might the county/city that no-guns sign was in be one of those that illegally restict carry in all of their parks?

·
68,118 Posts
geaux_tigers said:
. . . an attempt not to distract from the situation regarding Ms. Ewing.
Yes, we would not want to distract people by letting them know it is legal for women riding alone on the Silver Comet Trail to carry a firearm, would we?

:shakehead:

·
68,118 Posts
Wow, listen to what this cop has to say! And you wonder why we worry about whether there are ignorant law enforcement officers out there.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. You don't own the SCT. The owner/operator -PATH- says you can't carry a gun. You feel your rights are being violated, how about the rights of PATH? If they allow guns on the SCT and you shoot someone who didn't deserve to be shot, not only does the victim now own everything of yours, he also now owns the SCT and PATH.
16-7-21 Criminal Trespass says its illegal to entry the property of another for an unlawful purpose. If the owner says you can't carry a gun, going onto the property with a gun is unlawful. PATH says the property is there for you to use, as long as you abide by their rules.
"We're a bunch of people you don't know. Can we come on your property with our guns and have you accept the liability for our actions?"

Now except for Paulding's green machine, I haven't seen an on-cop in at least a year. I don't foresee metal detectors at the trailheads, or coppers doing random searches.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
So what he is saying is that it doesn't matter that people are currently being robbed, hurt, and killed, what matters is that the private organization that controls that public land cannot be sued for liability for something that statisitcally rarely happens (1 lawful citizen shooting a 2nd lawful citizen and the 2 did not know eachother).

·
68,118 Posts
Yeah, um, sure. I suppose the DOT is liable for all of the crimes on public streets, right? I mean, carry is allowed on public streets (for now).

21 - 40 of 60 Posts