Silica Gel Packets

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by papacarry, Mar 19, 2017.

1. papacarry

papacarry Member

Best place to get Silica Gel Packs? I finally ran out of the packs from a long time ago and my old source no longer carries them. Need them mostly for bulk ammo storage.

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Uline? They have everything packing/shipping related.

3. Feral

Feral Active Member

Uline is great. My employer uses them.

Some items are overpriced though.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Agreed. We use them a ton for Fiddleback Outpost - all of our boxes and packing materials come from them. They got us an account manager that helped with customizing the packaging as well. The thing that baffles me is that they charge $20 or so if we want to pick up the materials ourselves (they're just down the street), but they give us free shipping if we order over $300 and the shipping has got to be expensive (we're ordering a lot of boxes, packing paper, cotton bags, burlap bags, etc.). They could save a lot of money of they'd waive the pickup fee. Of course, they could save a lot of money if they didn't include a full color, 400 page catalog with every order - They just released a new one and we already have six copies...

5. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

??? I ordered over $300 recently, and just selected pick-up as a shipping option. I think it becomes an option if you order more than some amount, $250 maybe.

Pick-up used to be free for all orders, but I think it made too much work for them dealing with lots of small order pick-ups. They didn't start that until a couple of years ago.

6. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Silica cat litter plus cloth hardware bag. Make them as big or small as you like.